Anoter noob LED question?

I searched the forums and I have a tough time figuring out what is happening here....I put the new Lanparty UT NF4 ultra D mobo in the my case and the PSU. I wanted to see if everything was ok and the PSU would not turn on. I have connected the 4 power cables and I have an XG Vortec 600w PSU, it puts out around 37amps on the 12v rail if I recall. I was able to turn on the PSU by "hotwiring" it and grounding it out so I know that the PSU works. On my mobo 2 LEDS stay lit, one just above my outside PCI slot and another by the memory, both are the same color, either orange/ yellowish. (my mobo is mounted upside down compared to normal) I do not have any memory installed yet and do not have a CPU in it yet either. I just wanted to test the mobo and PSU initially more than anything. Does this mean that there is a short? or not enough juice is goetting to the mobo? or is this normal without a CPU and no RAM? Thank's for your time.

Guest Dynamic

You haven't switched to the 4v jumpers for the memory yet right? I think it should still turn on when you press the power button without the CPU/RAM. The Dram/StandBy lights you see are normal, what about the other LED's located on the left side of the lower Standby LED? Have you even noticed anything when you turn the computer on with those LED's? Anyhow i hope everything works out for your once you get and install your CPU/RAM. Once again, i'm not sure how things are suppose to look without those two main components not installed, but i hope someone else would come into this thread with more knowledge and explain this to you. Good luck....

Turning on the power switch on the mobo helped and I was able to get the PSU up and running as well as the mobo itself. I did have all 4 red LEDs stay on with the standby LED and the memory LED on as well. But I figure thats probably normal considering that I do not even have the CPU or RAM installed yet. Thanks again for the help, I just wanted to make sure that I installed everything correctly so far.