Mixing OCZ/Corsair DDR400 RAM?

Hello,

I currently have a DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D mainboard with 2x512MB OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Dual Channel Platinum Rev 2 sticks for a total of 1GB of RAM. My CPU is an AMD Athlon64 3700+ San Diego core.

I currently play Battlefield 2 in which EA recommends 1GB of RAM for but a lot of people on EA's forums say 1.5 to 2GB is needed for smooth play.

I have 2x512MB of Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 DDR400 Dual-Channel Memory in a machine that I no longer use.

Question: Does the NF4/San Diego need 4 sticks of matched RAM to fully work in dual-channel mode? If so, can I use these 4 sticks of RAM in single-channel mode and expect no stability problems?

I don't think single-channel will hurt me since I do not do heavy gfx/video editing and right now Battlefield 2 has lag so I don't care if i lose a few frames/second if I gain a lag-less game experience.

Thanks for your help in advance!

It can be done though it can also be a real PITA getting there. See if the corsar is compatable at all first and run memtest then if you can get memtest stable go t2 and try it with the OCZ wich is a lot more compatable and run memtest. I will say it is an uphill battle even if you are running at stock speed.

I got my stuff stable with the OCZ first, to add my Corsair sticks I had to slow it down and up the mem voltage to 2.8 to get it to work (check sig), have been good for months now.

My mem is not exactly like yours though, both my corsair and ocz sticks are using samsung tccd chips.

Good luck

I had to move the memory around to different slots while keeping the matched pairs together to make it happy.