Question for angrygames

EurYnomE

I just read one of your posts

"I could probably get 2750, or possibly even 2800-ish...but that could take me a whole month or two...it took me 11 days to get from 2200 to 2700 exactly how I like it (and plenty of RAID-0 testing for the thread stuck at the top of the Off Topic section about RAID/hdd's)...for another 50-150Mhz I don't even want to think about it.

It doesn't matter how you get there really....as long as you get there...and have the right equipment to make the journey.

and most importantly

enjoy your stuff....you bought it to enjoy it...so take a break once in a while and enjoy it """"

Ok, I just got my OCZ gold ram PC4000 and It let me take my overclock from 2.6 to 2.7 without changing much at all.... I've heard that I can get this setup to 2.8 or 2.9, but after reading angry-game's post.... is the extra 100-200mhz worth it?? and will it help much more without increasing the amount of heat I make.

Ok, I just got my OCZ gold ram PC4000 and It let me take my overclock from 2.6 to 2.7 without changing much at all.... I've heard that I can get this setup to 2.8 or 2.9, but after reading angry-game's post.... is the extra 100-200mhz worth it?? and will it help much more without increasing the amount of heat I make.

you have to decide for yourself

I could get an extra 100 or 200Mhz out of my setups I'm quite sure...but the time involved to get it there and make sure it is stable etc...might take up to a month

and for myself...I really just want to use my comp, and 2750Mhz is more than enough for me since I have a 7800GTX vid card and 3x SATA II RAID-0 hdd's etc.

plus

normally I will overclock as much as I can to enter into the OC Database, then if it is a machine that is used daily...I end up dropping the clocks down to something reasonable for everyday use (usually I will clock as high as I can with the least amount of voltage I can get away with)

TO ANGRY:

yeah that's what I was thinking... it would probably take a lot of time... just adding this ram let me go almost 100mhz immediately above my old overclock, which is better then nothing...

ALSO i'd like to say, OCZ gold ram is AWESOME... the timings are 3-4-4-8, i havn't even tried to change them... however when i load bf2 or alt tab while flying the chopper it takes no lag, and when I exit the game I don't hear the music at ALL now!!

Basicly, i've noticed a BIG difference from the ocz 2gig kit from the four 512's I used to have... THANKS OCZ!!! *ram was 225$ on newegg... check it out!*