CPU coltage jumps

ssR

after another stable night of prime95 i decided to push it a little harder. so far my pc is rock stable at 240x11 and 1.52v

today i decided to push a little more and increased the fsb to 245 with the same settings. superpi passed and my pc froze during the occt test. i increased the voltage to 1.6 but then when i finally managed to pass the occt test this is what i saw:

2006010617h25voltcore7zp.gif

are those jumps ok? should i increase the voltage a bit more to make it stable?

the temps are 37/47 at idle/load right now so i still got some room to maneuver

Guest Dynamic

You're probably on a stock HSF, correct? That temp is okay just don't let it get over 50! The voltage fluctuation you're experiencing is nothing. Could be the application that you're running that is not getting a good reading. The best way to check this is by using a VM. Good Luck!

Note:You haven't noticed this before right? Until you raise the voltage is where it started doing it correct?

Software is never totally accurate, but little fluctuations are normal..

I wouldnt worry about it and IF you need to bump it slightly to get it to be stable then do that.. as long as your keeping temps within an acceptable range (under 50c at load) and not going too much over 1.6v..

If your using a good aftermarket air cooler then you want to limit the vcore to 1.65v or below..