Counter-strike:source crashing

Hey guys,

I've recently acquired the expert board and am having some trouble.

memtest and prime 95 pass with my ram, so i don't think its the ram

When i'm playing cs:s, after a random amount of time it will crash with a memory error.

Faulting application hl2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module datacache.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00008a27

i tried to upgrade from the 11/2 bios to the 12/7 and with the 12/7 i couldn't boot into windows and found that now the only way i could get into windows is with one stick of ram in slot 2.

i've since downgraded to the 11/2 bios again.

i have also uninstalled and reinstalled steam and half-life 2 and counter-strike:source with the same results.

Thanks in advance for the help

also, i would like to add that i had the same rig with an asus a8n sli premium and corsair memory and it worked fine

switched to the dfi with the corsair and it started happening

now bought the ocz ram and its still happenging

and i did do a windows reinstall after changing motherboards

I suffer from the same problem. It used to happen on my last PC a Shuttle SN95G (same memory) i had to relax the mem timing to get it to work perfect. It seems the Soruce engin is very picky when it comes to memory and memory timings.

I've bumped the voltage on my new rig a little and the problem seems to have gone away. But i han't played enough of the game to really know.

Thats the thing i just moved to DFI from a Shuttle so i'm a little lost in the maze of memory timings i now have to play with.

It's pretty much trail and error which make it hard and time consuming

you could try either 3-4-4-8 or 2T for a start.

I suffer from the same problem. It used to happen on my last PC a Shuttle SN95G (same memory) i had to relax the mem timing to get it to work perfect. It seems the Soruce engin is very picky when it comes to memory and memory timings.

I've bumped the voltage on my new rig a little and the problem seems to have gone away. But i han't played enough of the game to really know.

also, i have some corsair memory on my asus board that ran at 3-4-4-8 1t without issues with the source engine

i don't use either of those apps

My point on the other post re the link:

http://www.gotfrag.com/css/forums/thread/177028/ was that several people, within the last week are having the exact same failure and at the exact same memory location as you are. And they have different mobo, CPU and video cards than you do. So I'm leaning towards a game issue with Windows or memory leak or something SW related vs a HW problem with your board/setup.

Good luck.