LDT/FSB ratio?

EurYnomE

TO anyone trying to learn overclocking, go to overclock.net, there are less dummies and everyone will be GLAD and will ENJOY trying to put the answers to your questions in simple terms, they will TELL YOU STRAIGHT UP things like "ldt is just like HTT, even though your mobo calls it something differetn" etc...

AND you will NEVER get those dummies who say "you havn't been doing your reading" I've learned doing your reading doesn't work well, because i've asked questions using direct quotes and i've had people say "that guide is CRAP don't follow that"

BE CAREFUL

BE NICE TO THE NOOBS, HELP THEM LEARN

dude. im a noob. i read the stickys.. like more times then i can remember. i had some questions that got answerd fine. i think its your attitude not anyone elses. good luck anyway. :)

Page 4-6 of the guide gives you examples of how the LDT/HTT ratio affects the HTT frequency and how you should modify the LDT/HTT ratio in such a way that your DDR HTT stays around 2000. There is also the exact definition of what the LDT/HTT ratio is on page 10.

It is much more effective if you learn through reading and understanding instead of asking questions... the mere fact that you had a friend guide you through exactly what to do to find your max CPU and RAM indicates that you really don't have a complete understanding of what every single setting does and how they all work together (not knocking only you as a lot of people do not know exactly what every single setting means). I mean, what would happen if you wanted to overclock anther rig? would you have your friend on aim again guiding you through? Overclocking is not plug and play and many people, including myself, spend months reading over guides and definitions before their first overclock and make sure they know the correct procedure and what effects each setting has on the motherbord (Why wouldn't you? You're toying with avery delicate $1000+ piece of electronic!). Plus the worst thing you could do is give the forum you're trying to get help from attitiude (at least it came off as attitude, can't really tell over the internet).

I'm not trying to put you down but here at DFI-Street, learning through reading + understanding before you start fiddling with settings is emphasized. I'd suggest you stick around here as this forum is a wealth of info, but if all you want is to be spoon-fed settings, maybe another forum is right for you.

/rant

In your defense, I've seen a lot of noobs come here lately with questions and have about half a dozen people flame him for not reading the guide tell him to not attempt to overclock and buy a dell. In my opinion, that is totally rude and unacceptable. IF the op read the article and didn't understand it or was confused, we as a forum should try to help that user by answering his question. In the same amound of time it took to flame the op, you could have answered his question and the thread would not have been continued. However, if the op didn't read the guide, then even I wouls suggest to him that he read it.

/rant off

(Sorry... had to get that off of my chest)

Oh and btw, i'm currently writing this from an Opteron 165 @ 300x9 thanks to the guide so it might not be as bad as you think...

Good luck to you wherever you end up

Audiocracy

Page 4-6 of the guide gives you examples of how the LDT/HTT ratio affects the HTT frequency and how you should modify the LDT/HTT ratio in such a way that your DDR HTT stays around 2000. There is also the exact definition of what the LDT/HTT ratio is on page 10.

It is much more effective if you learn through reading and understanding instead of asking questions... the mere fact that you had a friend guide you through exactly what to do to find your max CPU and RAM indicates that you really don't have a complete understanding of what every single setting does and how they all work together (not knocking only you as a lot of people do not know exactly what every single setting means). I mean, what would happen if you wanted to overclock anther rig? would you have your friend on aim again guiding you through? Overclocking is not plug and play and many people, including myself, spend months reading over guides and definitions before their first overclock and make sure they know the correct procedure and what effects each setting has on the motherbord (Why wouldn't you? You're toying with avery delicate $1000+ piece of electronic!). Plus the worst thing you could do is give the forum you're trying to get help from attitiude (at least it came off as attitude, can't really tell over the internet).

I'm not trying to put you down but here at DFI-Street, learning through reading + understanding before you start fiddling with settings is emphasized. I'd suggest you stick around here as this forum is a wealth of info, but if all you want is to be spoon-fed settings, maybe another forum is right for you.

/rant

In your defense, I've seen a lot of noobs come here lately with questions and have about half a dozen people flame him for not reading the guide tell him to not attempt to overclock and buy a dell. In my opinion, that is totally rude and unacceptable. IF the op read the article and didn't understand it or was confused, we as a forum should try to help that user by answering his question. In the same amound of time it took to flame the op, you could have answered his question and the thread would not have been continued. However, if the op didn't read the guide, then even I wouls suggest to him that he read it.

/rant off

(Sorry... had to get that off of my chest)

Oh and btw, i'm currently writing this from an Opteron 165 @ 300x9 thanks to the guide so it might not be as bad as you think...

Good luck to you wherever you end up

Audiocracy

THANK YOU!

I've been overclocking for about a month now... busy schedule of class, now i'm on break so I actually have time, but I have been working TONS.....

Going through those guides can be very confusing at times, a lot of the time it's easier not to ask what to set them to, but ask for a further definition of to what certain things mean....

within 15mins of this post I had one rude comment to me BUT I had TWO comments that totally helped me understand the ldt/fsb...

I think I actually just needed to know that ldt/fsb = htt!! *wow if i knew that DFI had a different name for EVERYTHING i would be done!*