My memory does not work in DUAL anymore !

Hi there,

My X2 3800+ has been running rock stable at 2600Mhz since a week or so, the RAM (A-Data Vitesta DDR500) at 260Mhz SPD timings, everything at stock voltage (2.8 for the RAM).

This had been validated with 2h of Prime95, lots of video encoding and some games.

Then, the PC froze... and did not want to boot anymore... looking at the leds, it's a memory problem.

After some testing, my memory does not work in DUAL mode anymore !

The PC works with one stick of memory, or with both sticks but in SINGLE mode.

In DUAL mode, the 3 leds stay on.

I tried with the latest BIOS (N4ELDB25), I have the same issues...

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thx ! ;)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the same problem in the end i removed the CMOS battery and jumper for 24 hours so comp completly discharged. then moved the ram from DIMMS 1+3 to DIMM's 2+4 and thats the only way i can run dual channel now. i only managed to resolve my problem 2 days ago!!

hope that helps

I have the SLi-DR and had a very similar problem. In the end I did the same as above (reset cmos, leave battery all night) but I also ran it at 2T instead of 1T.

I also bought a Tagan 580W PSU. My PC now runs happily passing Prime95 for 18+ hours.

Now if I could only find a case to fit my triple radiator in I could start my Overclocking........

I removed the CMOS battery for a few minutes, I thought it was enough...

I was in slot 2-4, I also tried 1-3 but it does not change a thing.

I'll remove the CMOS battery again tonight and put it back in the morning... thx for your input guys !

Anyway, if this fixes the problem, nothing tells me that it won't happen again... so this is a serious drawback for this mainboard :(

umm.... why the hell are ppl telling other ppl to remove batteries on the expert boards.... its known to cause overvoltage to cpu and cause the cpu to fry..... dont remove cmos battery on expert boards......... unless you have the latest bios