Final piece???

sunnyeagle

Okay, I ask anyone earlier about what sound card to get with this new build, and did not get any answer. I did get the sound card for christmas, but was still trying to get some input on the Logitech Z-5500 speakers. Does anyone here have the same speakers with the X-Fi? And how do you like them?

So far all the reviews point towards the z-5500 being the best ones out there for the money.

Any input????

I'm starting to think that most of the people here do not have speakers. I spent almost two month doing my homework on this system. Made some changes after reading some the input from this and other forums. I know most of this forum is to get answer to their problems, but I thought someone here would tell me what they prefer when it came to listening to music or playing games.

I guess I have to try the other forums to try to get some kind of answers.

• 2 weeks later...

For the ones who search the forums for answers on finishing a new build. My last finishing touches would be the speakers in question.

As you can see I did get the speakers and the X-FI sound card. And after searching all the forums here and else where, I do have them up and runnning.

All I can say is WOW.....

So far this is the best built computer so far. Runs great and sounds great. Took me almost two months of research.

I learn alot more from this project and will be learning more from what I can do with this mother board.

Quite honestly I'll say there are no good logitech speakers and the klipsch promedia series are....okay. What do you plan on doing with your computer? Gaming? Movies? Music? What kind of music do you listen to? Do you prefer stupidly equalized highly mushed bass with limited midrange and no highs or do you want a decently balanced system that sounds tight and accurate but probably won't 'boom' much? Do you want/need surround sound and will it actually be used correctly 'around' you?

Sorry if I sound a little irate but I'm just not a fan of computer speakers at all--all I've seen sound optimized for people that play rap music all day and just want the walls to rattle. The question about surround sound is there because for one I'm not familiar with current logitechs really and have no clue what they are (i'll be lookin it up here after this) but most people with surround sound just put all of the speakers in front of them which obviously is stupid and pointless.

Honestly as far as I've heard the Klipsch will be the best speakers designed for computers by far.

Lastly, whatever you do, please DON'T support Bose in any way shape of form...I hate them with a passion. :) Seriously.

By the way, since you built your own computer, how about building your own speakers? It's quite rewarding and they will sound far better than anything else you get--might even be cheaper. This might not be an option if you need surround sound.

I went all over looking for answers on pc speakers and the ones that had, the kind of speakers you talking about, switch to these and they praised them. I will be listen to music when I reading stuff off the web and also playing the newer games, which makes all the difference with these speakers.

I have a brother-in-law that I know would not like these, just because he is "old schools" when it comes to sound equipment. I do have a very good sound system for the family room and these speakers come really close. The problem was what sound card to get with speakers. Do I go with the new stuff and be out of date in a few more years or go with the new one and hope they will work together.

So far it is the best I heard.