driver questions

I want to know before I decide which mobo to keep if this specfic line of dFIs has any real horrible driver issues. Specifically with on board sound or usb 2.0. I am just having some trobles with decideing about what mobo to keep and use. I think if driver install on this Dfi is smooth then it is a keeper. GOing to try it out tonight. Any pre-emptive trobule shooting tips would be appreciated. OS= win xp vga= ati radeon connect 3d 256 x800gto, on board sound going to be used. sp 1 installed with win xp. Thanks

Guest thespin

I would suggest using the drivers installed by Windows unless you have a specific problem with any. The only driver I would install from the CD is the system driver and I believe there is one for the gigabit ethernet port. If it ain't broke, don't fix it ...

well the issue I am having with another mobo but is more related to windows. See I ahve no audio device with win xp install and sp1 and the audio device with mb install does not work so either I am going to have figure this out on windows level or mobo level. I am not sure how to get the drivers from windows so I was hoping the DFI boards had some good audio support, I know they have some Karajan audio thingy,(haven't looked much) but other than that I need just a driver.

Guest thespin

I use the Karajan module. My puter is being rebuilt at this time but I believe I set it up for AC97 and used the Realtek drivers. I had no problems ...