2x1gb Saumsung UCCC PC4000 $217.00!!!

My Ugly PC

Hello,

If you are considering some new ram buy these suckers...

Gskill pc4000HZ

I got mine today...popped them in and with no bios adjustments whatsoever was able to run 285 1:1 prime stable...these are just ridiculously good. Right now I have them @ 265 on the 9/10 because I am burned out and too tired to tweak them...Tomorrow I will try for 290 1:1 :shake:

BTW they are $215 at newegg right now. Nothing on the market can compete for value in my opinion.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

If you are considering some new ram buy these suckers...

Gskill pc4000HZ

I got mine today...popped them in and with no bios adjustments whatsoever was able to run 285 1:1 prime stable...these are just ridiculously good. Right now I have them @ 265 on the 9/10 because I am burned out and too tired to tweak them...Tomorrow I will try for 290 1:1 :shake:

BTW they are $215 at newegg right now. Nothing on the market can compete for value in my opinion.

When you get to 295 pm me then i can get into 183 divider :eek2:mine stop at 289mhz :mad:

Gskill pc4000HZ

Thats the second report of them hitting 285MHz. Could you post timings/settings in here for the other folks who got this kit? BIOS stock settings vary from differnt BIOS versions. Thats also another in the "win" column for the 704-2BTA BIOS. It always chooses very good timings for me, all others gave my CH-5s 1T which is un-bootable at stock voltage. Its just easier for noobs, or those building a computer for someone else(not wanting to spend all day on timings).

And I didn't notice the price go down, I'll change the first post to reflect this.

Oh, I forgot to post this earlier. Here's a review by techPowerUp on the G.Skill memory.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/GSkill/4000-2GBHZ/2

Summary: Awesome performance for the price.

If I can get to 263-3/4/3/8, I'll be a happy camper. Thanks for the link to real information that I can read. I ordered a set for my own christmas present. :angel:

That's insane.

The OCZ PC4000 Gold GX is $230 after MIR. That's insane, too. Same UCCC chips.

And you can have the Mushkin UCCC single-stick for $99 after MIR, although of course there's one MIR per household. Idiots.