Help me get high ;)

Nuttbusta

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if a couple of you guys could help me get my overclock a little higher. I used to use an MSI Neo platinum and 1 Gig Geil Value with the cpu and stock cooling at 2600Mhz. I've know made a couple of upgrades and find myself stuck with a lower clock.

My new specs are in the sig. The problem is I can't get my DFI to run at a higher HTT than 310 despite trying different chipset voltages or HTT multpliers. My old MSI board would run at 325 stable and I never had the guts to push it further because of stock cooling. I'm currently running @

HTT=310x2.5

2480Mhz & 1.675v (more than enough volts but still only 45C under load)

DRAM 166 divider 2.9v @ 248Mhz 3,4,4,8

If I go higher than 310 I get a BSOD on boot up and if I use a 2 multi on the HTT I get "Detecting RAID array" when I don't even have RAID.

I guess I've just missed a trick as my MSI went straight to 325 with no probs. Any known high HTT tweaks I should know about? I tried looking for HTT voltage btw, is it called something different on DFI's? Also my SATA drives are on SATA 3&4 with 1&2 switched off in BIOS.

Thanks in advanced.

ok first off I think you have ltd/fsb confused with your cpu/fsb if so you need to turn your LTD back to 3x and your CPU/FSB back to 8x then you need to turn your FSB back down to arounf 230 and work up so that your memory dont stop you from butting into your os ok after doing the math i see you have it write but were did you get the 2.5 at?

Have you manually set all your Memory timings? Or do you have quite a few still at the Auto setting? Usually the "Detecting RAID Array" occurs for me when I have the Auto timings enabled. I then wen't into BIOS and manually set all timings manually, I haven't seen the Detecting IDE RAID Array screen since. I'm also using the 6/23 Beta but not with the 4.0 DRAM Voltage option.

All I can suggest is continue playing with the timings until you find a sweet spot. You're obviously applying enough DRAM Voltage so that isn't the issue, but 2.9v could be getting those sticks a little warm, so if you can add a fan above them to cool those puppies down. Also, 3x LDT should be the multiplier to use with an HTT of 310, so stick with that. Sorry I can't be more of help, but atleast it's a place to start... Good luck. :)

your useing your LTD/FSB wrong with that cpu you will never need anything more then 2.5 and only when you hit 315 or 320 until then you can use 3x im saying you might have your memory maxed out at 310

Sorry, no I just wrote it down confusingly. I had set the HTT multi to 2.5 and the CPU multi was left to auto. I would have lowered this to iron out mobo probs but I down't think this CPU supports C&Q. Also, I always increase the dram divider to 150 when I try to go any higher. If I have misunderstood I'm sorry but I think I just didn't make myself clear to start with. So many details to convey. Thanks for the quick replay btw

Penguin bashing 291.8 btw, very theraputic

Sorry, no I just wrote it down confusingly. I had set the HTT multi to 2.5 and the CPU multi was left to auto. I would have lowered this to iron out mobo probs but I down't think this CPU supports C&Q. Also, I always increase the dram divider to 150 when I try to go any higher. If I have misunderstood I'm sorry but I think I just didn't make myself clear to start with. So many details to convey. Thanks for the quick replay btw

Use latest A64Tweaker to see mem settings in windows and post a screen shot here.

Read the oc guide on this form to learn how to set up everything.

Take a look at the database to see settings that work.

Good luck!