Soc 939 Opty Overclocking Fun...sort of...

Spec in sig. as usual for this forum. Was fiddling with the Opty last night and discovered 2.85Ghz using an 11x multiplier is completely stable, but any time I try to raise the Mem clock over 260Mhz, it just makes a hash of things.

For some reason this board doesnt have a 9/10 memory divider, only 4/5, and 2/3 and then the raised multipliers of the Rev. E chips (210/200, 230/200, 250/200).

I'm guessing the CPU hasn't hit the wall yet, as I've had it running at 3.3Ghz using a low memory divider (though it did get very toasty at that) and its only failing the large iterations in Prime, not small.

Would it be possible to get the 9/10 (180/200) divider in a different BIOS....that would let me keep the mem. clock at 260Mhz and the HTT at 288Mhz (which at 11x would give me a 3168Mhz Opty. Shame its not happy with the high mem. clock, but nevermind. I'll tighten the timings down instead.

So, is there another BIOS out there for the Ultra-D that lets you use a 9/10 memory divider?

Sorry about the messiness of this post, its part copied and pasted from elsewhere. the voltages currently are 1.6v on the Opty (its watercooled), 1.75 on the Chipset, 2.9v on the Mem. AGP locked at 68Mhz. Memory running at 2.5-4-3-8 (loose I know, but was trying to get it stable).

Cheers if you can even understand my post enough to give an awnser. :)

Hi!

I have the NF3 Ultra-D board to.. I had problems getting over 260htt. but then i gave the chipset 1,95v instead of 1,75.. yesterday i hit 300htt... 3000mhz and 250mhz 1T memspeed. It was superpi stable.. but not gamestable or 3dmarkstable.. I cant run 3dmark2001se with a htt over 230??? Then i get artifacts.. but i do not get it in real games.. and newer 3dmarkprograms than the 2001se.

Do you have to disable the sata 1/2 in bios and give chipset 1,95v to get 260htt+??

I can only get into BIOS when i startup my computer!? If i do a reboot i can not go into bios anymore? All i get is a blackscreen with a blinking marker. I just have to shut off the system.. and start over again to get into bios... Not very fun at all. I have the 711 bios.. Whitch one do you have?

/Nisse

No im not using the stock cooler.. I have a 60x60x30mm big cooler.. its not hot at 1,95v.. its just little fingerwarm.. like 40c or someting.. Its not hot to touch at all.

How high do you have the chipset volt when you do 260+htt?

Sorry if im offtopic here.. But you have a similar system setup. NF3 Ultra-D, Opteron, GF6800, G.Skill....

Guest ninjastyle
Hi!

All i get is a blackscreen with a blinking marker.

Mine does that too when I overclock too high. Just gotta back it off or stabilize it, cause clearly it's gone too far.