X-Fi installed - holding my breath...

no problems so far and it does sound GREAT, man I hope it'll work. I could do the RMA thing with Creative but I'd rather not.

FYI, Circuit City has the X-Fi Music for $129 with $40 in rebates. An X-Fi for $89 (+tax) was just too cheap to pass up! :)

Guest Crusader

I understand what you mean, I haven't installed the X-FI yet since I've heard about all these problems with them but I have good hope since the problems were only related to the Extreme Music and the Platinum verseions of these soundcards. Good luck with it!

Guest Crusader
What problems? Runs perfectly here! Check sig.

Combined with Sennheiser HD 595's, I'm in audio heaven :¬)

These 34 pages of problems: http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/bo...cending&page=34

Creative has admitted these problems and they say wait for a mobo bios update to fix it and if there is none, then you can send your X-FI back to Creative for a replacement.

Consider yourself lucky :)

Sporadic reports now that any card bought in the last few weeks - maybe as much as the last month - should have been updated by Creative and not have the problem.

Considering I found another coupon tonight - I had to go buy another X-Fi and I'll be returning the first one lol (all Circuit City so I'm not screwing anyone here, just getting the best deal I should read about LAST night) - I couldn't be happier. $129-$15 coupon-$40 rebates = $75 X-Fi and it's rocking. Sounds awesome on music and I got a gaming headset and am using a Y adapter to plug it into the back/mic jacks for BF2.

BF2 was a good game pre-X-Fi - but it's honestly become MUCH more fun with the Ultra Quality sound option. It's an amazing game now, I just played about 5 hours. You can actually hear what seems like every single sound, every shot, every voice, every vehicle sound - it's amazing... :)

Edit: I always think of something right after I click post...

$75 for the X-Fi and it has 51,000,000 transistors. For every penny of that $75, I got 680,000 transistors (they cost 0.00000147058823529412 cents each if you care.) All that other junk on there was free. That is just a damn good deal no matter how you look at it. My 4400 only got me 460,000 transistors a penny - and it didn't have all that other free crap - the connectors, other chips, blah, blah. :P

• 4 weeks later...