3 LED's - NO BOOT

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Thorgal

Please get your sig built according to the forum rules. Failure to comply will result in the posts being deleted.

Sorry, what am I doing wrong ? I've been trying to change the sig but it doesn't seem to work. For now, I'll delete it :confused:

Edit : my sig 's changed but I didn't do anything new : ok this way ?

That's very good now. Thanks

Sorry, what am I doing wrong ? I've been trying to change the sig but it doesn't seem to work. For now, I'll delete it :confused:

Edit : my sig 's changed but I didn't do anything new : ok this way ?

All sorted now...

It turned out to be my ram, i tried all four sticks in a new mobo (no boot), then tried one pair no boot and then the other pair booted but with BSOD's. tried the pair that booted back in the dfi board and it seemed fine, the other pair would not boot in the dfi either.. having being a bit miffed about the whole 4x512 scenario i went out and bout 2x 1gb OCZ EL pc3200 and my dfi has been running like a dream.. ive been overclocking and tweaking to my hearts content sometimes too much but the machine always boots now and (touch wood) ive not had one BSOD!

somewhat happy now but miffed about the extra £270 i had to fork out to find the problem... (new ram and mobo) though I’m glad to be back running my dfi board as the gigabyte GA-K8N sli-pro one i bought which was 50 cheaper then my dfi ......well lets say you DO get what you pay for :)

hope anyone who's been having the same problems can get anything useful out of this drivel

R0nnieb

Got my DFI Lanparty Sli-D and the Athlonx 64 X2 4400+ cpu yesterday, and the 7800GTX today. I also have 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix RAM.

Basically I can't get the mobo to boot.

Every time I boot, I get 4, then it goes to 3, then blinks for a split second to 4, then back to 3. About 2 seconds later for a splitsecond it goes back to 4 then immediatly shuts down.

Here is what I did.

- Everything in, first boot ever. The computer turns on then dies after 5 seconds, can't get past POST.

- RAM out, spare 512MB (working) in, same problem as above.

- Used safe boot, after a few tries I get to a screen saying it's booting, then the CPU fan dies. I quickly turn the computer off.

- Took CPU fan out and tested on another computer, it works fine.

- Booted without CPU and fan, system doesn't turn off, but hangs at 4 diagnosis LEDs

- Put CPU and Fan back in, and put the spare RAM into the 4th slot (the 2nd orange). Now the computer stays on for about 5 seconds, then has a long beep then dies.

I'm pretty sure the graphics card was used by the bit-tech staff for testing - the driver cd has been used and this gpu was probably used in reviews . So must be working.

I've done as people have suggested here, but no avail.

Could it be a faultry mobo or CPU?

EDIT: It seems I have to enable my signature to get it to show. Sorry for the inconvienience.

Got my DFI Lanparty Sli-D and the Athlonx 64 X2 4400+ cpu yesterday, and the 7800GTX today. I also have 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix RAM.

Every time I boot, I get 4, then it goes to 3, then blinks for a split second to 4, then back to 3. About 2 seconds later for a splitsecond it goes back to 4 then immediatly shuts down.

Here is what I did.

- Everything in, first boot ever. The computer turns on then dies after 5 seconds, can't get past POST.

- Used safe boot, after a few tries I get to a screen saying it's booting, then the CPU fan dies. I quickly turn the computer off.

- Booted without CPU and fan, system doesn't turn off, but hangs at 4 diagnosis LEDs

- Put CPU and Fan back in, and put the spare RAM into the 4th slot (the 2nd orange). Now the computer stays on for about 5 seconds, then has a long beep then dies.

I'm pretty sure the graphics card was used by the bit-tech staff for testing - the driver cd has been used and this gpu was probably used in reviews . So must be working.

Which PSU are you running ? All 4 power connectors attached to the motherboard ? Sure your psu is still 100% ?

You must read and understand the forum rules before posting.

Here is what I did.