3 LED's - NO BOOT

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the biggest problems with the board! I have it to! for a temp solution boot with one stick in second orange slot then after post shutdown and put second dimm in!

This is a problem in the DFI NF4 design so I don't think we will get any real help.

They have know about the issue for some time and still haven't made anything happen. the best this to do is RMA the board (if you got the time) and hope for a better revision.

Question for Angry - Cn you find out what the different revisions mean and post them?

P.S. don't reply with they fix minor problems.

I guess you right! These boards have indeed some issues with memory! I just want Angry to respond to it and see what he has to say about it before I RMA the board! I wish I would know what revision I got and where on the board I could find it! I also replaced the original chipset fan with the Evercool VC-RE! I wonder if this is going to be a problem? I bought my board at NewEgg. :cool:

ok after somewhat a few beers ive managed to get back into my original ways (no not causing trouble and being barred from the local battle cruiser!)..

i have all my 4 512mb sticks in running 128-bit 2T 3-3-3-7

The only changes i had made was..

reset to defaults, save then reboot, then changed default mem voltage to 2.9 (standard was coming in at 2.6), entered my ram timings manually instead of auto, disabled command per clock F10 shut down.. inserted all 4 sticks, turned on (with look of fear and a cringe) and it post with no probs.. quicker infact usually id be watching the "3" led's and waiting for them to start reducing.. soon as i powered on this time within a second they redcued to "1" and os booted with no probs.. been playing battlefield 2 for a few hours now and so far so good!

(whats the bet that i'm back again tomorrow.. telling you all that my pc is in the bin?!)

cheers

^hic

ronnie

Thanks Ronnieb,

but I can't even get into BIOS anymore! :sweat: I have been fighting the thing all day and all I see is 3 LED's! Oh wait one time it went to one which means bad GPU! As you can see in my sig I got two of them so I tried each card and I get the same results! I think this is garbage! :cool:

One LED means everything is detected but it has not yet booted into the OS, not that you have a bad GPU. I wasnt aware that some of the revisions has these problems. But yeah that seems to be pretty nice ram you were looking at, and I believe OCZ works fairly well with this board. I think the problem that reviewer "Rob" is having is because he needs to drop the CAS timing to 1.5 to get the 2-2-5 timings... but should be pretty nice ram.

Lo,

I have the same problem folks...

I could boot, post and initialise, but as soon as windows starts, it just reboots, and falls into the same booting cycle over and over and over....

I have changed memory, CPU and PSU in order to find the problem, and no luck.

Even swapped memory banks, and played with memory voltages.

I was extremely surprised to see that the first boot worked right after I installed the board. I managed to install Windows, drivers, and even run a couple of good benchmarks. The next morning nothing worked...!!!!

I can't even boot off a stiffy to reload or update BIOS, and the same thing for booting from CD. I just get no acces to any kind of OS functions, regardless of the fact that I've tried Linux, DOS and Windows.

Furthermore, the magic smoke escaped from two different stiffy drives when I tried to connect them, and these were stiffies with a cable housing, so I couldn't even plug the cable in the wrong way without breaking the plastic bits. The same goes for the techy at the shop, he tested my box and also burnt two stiffies...

The board should be RMA'd by the end of today, and I'm seriously thinking of getting the ASUS A8N32 board instead...

Lata.

Specs:

AMD 939 3500

DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR

2x Gainward GS Geforce 7800GTX

1 gig Samsung DDR 400

300 Gig SATA Seagate

Creative Audigy 2

Win XP SP2

HITandRUN,

have you tried the safe boot jumper too?

too bad if you can't get in, perhaps mine will show the same symptoms soon then..

seems to be more and more people having similar problems now .. maybe we all bought the same batch.. does yours say DFI too? :rolleyes: