Really need help with my X2 Overclock!

qwerty69

Thank you guys for your opinions. I guess weighing the pros and cons, removing the IHS doesn't seems to be a great idea afterall. :)

I still need w/c because this X2 is Hot (55-60c at load) and i will like to cool my vga card and overall quietness. :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read up on removing the IHS and no way I'm doing it on mine - if I had access to liquid nitrogen cooling and was trying to set world records I'd do it, but the risk is too great for only a few % possible increase for me.

With regard to your heat, what voltage you on now? I ask because your temps sound much like mine at 1.6v or more - I found that while I needed 1.6v for close to 2700mhz, 1.5v was fine for close to 2600mhz and it ran about 10c cooler. My temps are now 33c idle/45c load - ambient is about 23c. Is your ambient higher?

Could be you can run stable at 2610 but it's the heat from the voltage causing problems now - just an idea.

Good luck! :)

Hi Lance, my ambient is 30c and i'm running at 1.45v + 10% or 1.57v in bios.

At 2610mhz, it need around 1.52v to boot into Windows but i have not tested prime stability at this voltage.

It has been around 8hrs since this morning's fluke and dual prime is running fine. I still don't understand why i got the error though. System has morning blues?? :rolleyes:

I read up on removing the IHS and no way I'm doing it on mine - if I had access to liquid nitrogen cooling and was trying to set world records I'd do it, but the risk is too great for only a few % possible increase for me.

With regard to your heat, what voltage you on now? I ask because your temps sound much like mine at 1.6v or more - I found that while I needed 1.6v for close to 2700mhz, 1.5v was fine for close to 2600mhz and it ran about 10c cooler. My temps are now 33c idle/45c load - ambient is about 23c. Is your ambient higher?

Could be you can run stable at 2610 but it's the heat from the voltage causing problems now - just an idea.

Good luck! :)