Initial Build - Won't Boot

Corsair ValueSelect, 1G (2x512mb) DDR 3200/400MHz

known to not work on our boards

VALUE memory is not tested nor even considered on the Lanparty NF4 board...it was not even designed with VALUE anything in mind, so it was never designed nor produced nor tested to run with anything VALUE.

not meant to be a lecture, just letting you know the truth of the matter

try some non-VALUE memory in it

Alright, I went out and got some better memory (PQI Turbo black) and the board still did nothing. So, I took it back and got a new one. That one had crap stolen out of it so I took it back again and got another one. I redid everything, and this time it booted up first try. Then, it said disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter. I assumed this is normal so I mounted the mb in my case and added the HD and CD burner. I just finished putting all the front panel connectors on, and thats where I'm at. The only part from the front I have to connect is the front USB connections. I see the two cords for them, but dont know where they connect. I see two yellow areas that they could fit on with 7 pins below the fan with the DFI sticker on it. Is this the right spot? Thanks for the help.

Guest Brendan

My MB posted outside the case. I put it inside, it posted a few times as I was rebooting and whatnot. Now, I am having the exact same problem the original poster is having. I turn it on and just get the amber LED lights, both the one in the lower left corner, and the one right near the memory. I have an entire acrylic case, so I don't think it's shorting out on it. :) I'm using the 24 pin cable for my power supply. Any suggestions anyone has are more than welcome.

Guest Brendan

I'm trying to clear my CMOS overnight to see if that helps. Congrats on making progress, 1nspired. :)

Thanks, gl to you. :)

I found the USB information. The only thing I have left now is a grey cable coming from my CD drive. I believe it was for sound. I should note that this CD drive is a 5+ year old CD drive that I had in my very old computer. Now, I dont see where it would go on the new board. Has anything changed in how they are designed? (I'll be buying a new one soon). Do I even need to connect it?

Guest Brendan

With a new power supply, I'm now posting this on my new DFI computer! Damn Ultra Xconnect to the bowels of hell. :) Yeah, you don't need to worry abou that cable. It's just the CD audio cable. Don't worry about it at all. It's kind of not needed anymore, really.