front audio channel

all of a sudden, my right and left front channel (center green jack) is gone...i get right and left rear, center and sub channels...

i have swapped out the audio cable with the rear channel and a new cable, no change...i have installed the latest 3.77 realtek drivers, no change

suggestions?

Guest thespin

Bring up Realtek's Sound Manager and check that those channels are not muted or turned way down ....

uninstall and reinstall of new drivers did not work

on the realtek sound manager...speaker configuration tab

under the phonejack switches...center/sub and rear output have clickable buttons, the front does not, it just says "front speaker out"

with the current cable connections, i do not get system sounds...i just played an avi that was probably encoded in 5.1 and i get sound from the working channels...

i just tried hooking up a set of small external speakers and i only get sound when i have it configured to 6 channel audio, sound test audio comes from rear output only (blue jack)(tested both front and rear)

either RMA or get a pci sound card.....

• 3 months later...

I downloaded that update from microsoft update thingy but lost those too. So then i just reverted to the old driver and the sound worked fine.

If it isnt' broken, don't work to hard to fix it!

Good Luck if reverting to the old driver doesn't work!

Unless DFI has changed their warranty replacement procedure, you don't need to send in all the original items. Just the board itself.

I have almost the similar problem. My rear ports do not work but my front ports do. I have contacted DFI and they told me to RMI my board, but I am unable to since I do not have all the original items that came with the board.

my problem turned out to be human error...i had a 6 inch patch cable from tv tuner to sound, got a new tuner and did not need the patch cable, somehow i thought i was pulling the patch cable, but i pulled the speaker cable and every time i look back there, a black cable was plugged in and i could not for the life of me figure out why i got no sound from the specific channel, then one day i actually followed the already plugged cable in and found it's other end not plugged into anything...i felt stupid