What Is P4 Best For? What Is Athlonxp Best For?

amdgeek

After using the p4 2.0 and athlon xp 1.73, ive realized that both were good in their own ways. The Athlon Xp runs xp programs and operations a bit faster than the p4. It handles xp processes better. The p4 runs great on windows 2k but slows a little on xp. I mean, xp isnt the most graphically "light" os.

Both chips can run the same on any operating system. Its all whats under the hood sorta speak. My computer runs on XP faster then any other operating system that I have used. :D

St8 up here it is.. from da bomb... me...

Pentiums r good for Everything but overclocking to the extreame..

Athlons are good for overclocking :P

P4 is a better chip for Bosco to fry... I think he just adds garlic....

Athlons are better all around processors, but tend to run hotter than the P4s... Currently the P4 has the faster chip, though the Athlon XP 2200+ is close to it in many benchmarks...

Both are good for OCing... if you fry a Athlon, your out $150-200... if you fry a P4, not only are you following Bosco's footsteps, but your out about $300+.

Intel Procs have generaly had less Compatibility ssues with various hardware, though in recent years AMD has almost eliminated this issue...

They'll both run Windoze or Linux just fine... though the AMD will run them betta! :)