My new 64Bit Sempron 2800+ with an extremely low 3DMark05 >>>

aerokit

Hi guys,

I finally have my system up and running. It is running stable at 280mhz FSB, and the rams are running at 203.7mhz @ 3.0 vdimm. It will not run stable at 290 FSB or higher no matter how high the vcore is (that’s a bit disappointing.) As for the rams, since they are not good for OC, they will not run stable higher than 210mhz.

I ran 3DMark05 a few times on my system and received scores of around 900 only!!!!!! It should be faster, shouldn’t it? What went wrong? Is it because of the rams, video card, or monitor? I’ve already updated the video driver to Cat. 5.9.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alex.

Hi guys,

I finally have my system up and running. It is running stable at 280mhz FSB, and the rams are running at 203.7mhz @ 3.0 vdimm. It will not run stable at 290 FSB or higher no matter how high the vcore is (that’s a bit disappointing.) As for the rams, since they are not good for OC, they will not run stable higher than 210mhz.

I ran 3DMark05 a few times on my system and received scores of around 900 only!!!!!! It should be faster, shouldn’t it? What went wrong? Is it because of the rams, video card, or monitor? I’ve already updated the video driver to Cat. 5.9.

First, by "stable" do you mean you've tested it using Memtest, Prime95, and/or other stability programs? Or do you mean that it just doen't crash on you?

You definitely should get some better ram. DFI boards + "value" ram are like oil+water! Very few people ever get anywhere using "value" ram. It would help if you could post all your Genie bios and dram configuration settings, so we could see how you have things set up.

Your PSU could definitely be part of your problem also. Although it's a good brand with decent specs for it's size, it's not quite makin' it in the 12V area. Take a look here for what's recomended for DFI boards;

Recommended Power Supplies

Although the 480W is not stated by DFI as a minimum as on the nF4 boards, most nF3 users follow these requirements.

Have you done any reading on the proper way to overclock an A64? There's a great guide here (link posted below in my sig) written and compiled by THunDA that should be the first step if you're unfamiliar with the principles.

Yes, it's work. NO, it ain't easy! But if you want a great O/C, you're the only one who can do it, since each system is different, and it's YOUR system!

Remember, we're all here to answer any questions!

Hi guys,

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alex.

Hi Alex. Did you find out why the 3DMark05 benchmark was so low? I'm very interested because the system you built is very similar to the system I was considering buying.