Micro Atx Power Supply Question

I got my cousins pc at my house and it is packard bell. it is really small like micro atx format. my question is it has a burnt up powewr supply. this pc is old has amd k6 cpu. was wondering if I can get a more powerful power supply than it had before. it had a 90 watt power supply by g-power. found one exactly like it but guy sold it. I found a 200 watt power supply at new egg for $17.99 and as you can imagine she doesn't want to pour a bunch of money into this machine. my question is will it work and not be too much power that it will fry everything in sight. there is no size @ on newegg site it just says micro atx form and her power supply is kinda small so you think it will fit. please help me guys.

I think it will be alright just wanted some input

thanks guys

http://www.gpb-jge.com/file/am20.html

this is a link to specs of power supply i found on newegg for cheap 17 bucks plus 6 bucks shipping

UPDATE i just found an identical power supply to the burnt up one here you go it is 38 bucks shipped what do you guys think would be better get this identical one for almost twice as much money and 90 watts..... or half as much money and twice as many watts.

this is identical to burnt power supply i need to replace

http://www.alancomputech.com/alan-fm/190312.html

Edited by shadyone

• 3 weeks later...

You may have to try and find a cross-reference for packard bell psu's to see if the one your getting is compatible or not but from my experience and what the OEM dealers have told me, is if it fits it will work. You dont have to worry about 200 watts being too much. As far as i know 200 watts is as large as the micro atx form psu's go. I know because i tried to upgrade a custom build HP Pavilion and talked to everyone i could find about it and theres just no way to go larger then a 200 watt ATM in that case unless you wanna mount PSU on top of the case and get extenders. Almost all OEM manufacters make get their PSU's propriety so its difficult for you to ever think about upgrading anything and force you into spending twice as much money to buy a whole new computer. I solved this problem by buying a fancy case and building a new computer :).