Finally where I want it...

Here it is...I finally have it built. There are two separate cooling systems in this case. One loop is to cool the CPU, NB, and SB. The other loop is to cool the 8800's. I have two PSU's running independent from each other. One supplies the power to the mobo, vid cards, etc. The other supplies the power to the fans and pumps. The contents of the rig are as follows:

E6600 @ 2.4 GHz (wc'd, but not oc'd...yet)

4gb G.Skill 5-5-5-15 (no oc'd yet...)

2x EVGA 8800 GTS Superclocked in SLI (wc'd, but not oc'd...yet)

EVGA 680i Mobo (wc'd both NB and SB)

Lite on DVD burner with lightscribe

2x WD 250Gb Sata 3.0

PC Pwr&Cooling 750W Quad

Thermaltake 250W Power Express (modded)

Thermaltake Mozart TX case

Bluegears B-Inspire Soundcard

WC components:

Apogee GT (CPU)

Swiftech MCW30 (SB)

EK Special (NB)

2x Swiftech MCR-220 radiators

2x Swiftech MCP655 Pumps

2x Swiftech MC60 (GPU)

2x Swiftech MC8800 kits for GPU

2x DD Fillport Reservoir

1/2" ID Tygon

6 Silverstone Fans

Below are pictures taken as I was getting the air out of the lines.

Pic%201.jpg

Pic%202.jpg

Pic%203.jpg

Pic%204.jpg

Now I just need to overclock it...Idle temps on CPU are around 26C, 28C for NB, and 34C for GPU's.

Edited by jack_of_java

Thanks hard...lol...you should have seen another wc project I did....

the case has some latches on the side type thingies....if that's what you're asking...if it's how as in 'with all that crap in there'...then I routed the tygon in such a way that it can close without cutting off flow...

***Update***

I had the comp running before I completed the mod. It had been running about 2 weeks prior to today. No problems with booting or loading any software. Now, I can't get it to post for crap. I tested the ram, PSU, CPU, etc in other comps I have around here. The only thing I can guess that's the problem is the stupid mobo. I'm not sure which revision it is, but I'm going to have to RMA it or something. I've tried updating the bios, switching around other Ram, everything! But all I get now is these stupid C1 posts with a long continuous beep or a 1D post which means i have faulty memory. I can only guess that the memory controller went bad, which is a problem I've been reading about with these boards. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Edited by jack_of_java

Okay guys...this fairy tale computer has a very happy ending. I contacted EVGA during the morning of Sunday last weekend on the 13th. That evening, my RMA was approved - On a Sunday night! I don't believe it was an automated response, because it was an EVGA personal email that was sent to me asking me more details about the motherboard and the RMA ID number. Anyways, I received another email the very next morning saying that my new motherboard has already been shipped to me! It arrived on Tuesday morning. I still have the broken one here so that if the new one failed, I could save a headache and send them both back at the same time. Anyways, to make a long story short. The new motherboard is quite amazing! It's so much faster than the other one, even though they are the same and the other was broke. I've already overclocked a bit and have achieved some amazing results. Right now my E6600 is running at 3.25GHz @ 32C. The ram is running at 772 MHz, while the QDR is at 1445.4 MHz. I must say that I'm quite impressed with this system. Now, if it lasts longer than the other one, I'll be even more thrilled. The new motherboard they sent me was brand new in the shrink wrap! So, soon I'll be sending the other one back with a thank you letter for the quickness in which they took care of the problem.

My whole point here was to point out that EVGA tech support is absolutely awesome. Quick response to the problem, fast replacement, and constant information about the products is why I have multiple products from EVGA. I would definately recommend most of their products to anyone.

Here's a couple pics of the computer with all said and done (hopefully!). I removed the second loop; only have a single pump and waterblocks on the CPU and GPU's. I left both radiators in the loop for extra cooling.

Pic%205.jpg

Pic%206.jpg