ATI Catalyst 10.4 Driver Problems ??? Here is a good Guide!

The ATI 10.4 drivers have some serious issues with Crossfire. Screen flickering, lines across the screen while scrolling, ect...... Especially when running dual monitors.

The 10.3 drivers when they came out, I thought was a huge step for ATI. They have always been notorious for terrible driver updates, but man, when the 10.3's came out I thought they worked amazing!

However, I also believe now with having problems on every Crosfire setup I have tested -> 2 x 5870, 2 x 5770, and 2 x 5750, that at 1st glance, the ATI 10.4 drivers were back to their old ways. But, after trying a few different options, I have found that there is a Fix!!!!

10.4 Driver Fix (if you are having problems)

1. Once the drivers are installed, you will know pretty quickly if you are having problems!

2. If problems are present, then go into your Control Panel -> Programs -> uninstall list -> highlight the Catalyst Driver -> Right-Click and "Repair"

So far this has fixed all of the buggy issue I have seen with the 10.4 Drivers on 2 different Crossfire setups I have.

If this doesn't help and you are still habing issues with the New ATI Catalyst Drivers, then just go back to the 10.3 version, with this guide below!

10.3 Driver Revert Guide (if you are having problems)

1. Uninstall whatever drivers you are using, reboot,

2. You will need a program called DriverCleaner Pro found here...

http://soft.softoogle.com/ap/driver-...get-1878.shtml

3rd. Install this program, open it, put a checkmark in select multiple, and then choose EVERY ATI driver on the list, then click "start cleaning" After it is finished, run it once more, then close it.

4. The you will need to get the ATI 10.3 drivers found here...

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Choose your correct operating system and then click go, near the top there are three clickable links in "Red" Choose "Previous Drivers" and then click the "Catalyst 10.3" dricers posted "3/24/2010" install those drivers and then reboot as prompted.

This should take care of any problems you were having. If not, then I would start checking the Crossfire Bridge, if you are using 1, try 2, if 2 try 1. Also, I would test both cards in the system alone to make sure they are properly working. If not then you might have an issue with one or both cards!