PC Gaming in Ultra High Definition

Hi i wonder if this is possible.
If yes how?
Do i need a special T.V. special PC and a special HDMI wire?
Is this possible by using HDMI to HDMI connection or i need to have a Display Port to Display Port connection?
----------------

The main question is what it follows but i decided to start with the above for more detailed start.

I need a T.V. advice.

I am thinking to buy a specific UHD Philips T.V. for PC gaming @
3840 x 2160 resolution. For example 'Dragon age inquisition'.

My gaming pc has a 3GB ASUS GTX780 OC Edition Direct CU2. http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX780DC2OC3GD5/spec...

The T.V. is the http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/58PUS6809_12/6800-series-u...

Any ideas\advices? Any Pros or Cons?

Thank you!

Your card has HDMI 1.4a, so it'll only do that resolution at 30Hz. It does have DisplayPort 1.2, which can do that resolution at 60Hz.

The TV you picked can only do 4K at 30Hz, so using HDMI will be the way to go. Any HDMI cable you pick up will work fine, provided it supports at least HDMI 1.4. If the TV is going to be mainly a TV and then a gaming monitor second, it's a way to go, albeit fairly expensive still. If the intention for the TV is to use it mainly as a gaming monitor, you may be better served with a 4K monitor that will not only allow be a cheaper price, but feature a DisplayPort for 4K at 60Hz. However, you'll need quite a powerful rig to pull that off, because even at 30Hz your GTX 780 may not do that in Inquisition if you max it out. A pair of them in SLI would stand a better chance, as would stepping up to the GTX 900 series. The GTX 900 series also has HDMI 2.0, which can do 4K at 60Hz, provided the TV or monitor supports it.

Your card has HDMI 1.4a, so it'll only do that resolution at 30Hz. It does have DisplayPort 1.2, which can do that resolution at 60Hz.

The TV you picked can only do 4K at 30Hz, so using HDMI will be the way to go. Any HDMI cable you pick up will work fine, provided it supports at least HDMI 1.4. If the TV is going to be mainly a TV and then a gaming monitor second, it's a way to go, albeit fairly expensive still. If the intention for the TV is to use it mainly as a gaming monitor, you may be better served with a 4K monitor that will not only allow be a cheaper price, but feature a DisplayPort for 4K at 60Hz. However, you'll need quite a powerful rig to pull that off, because even at 30Hz your GTX 780 may not do that in Inquisition if you max it out. A pair of them in SLI would stand a better chance, as would stepping up to the GTX 900 series. The GTX 900 series also has HDMI 2.0, which can do 4K at 60Hz, provided the TV or monitor supports it.

-----------

Please check this one, you can also download the owners manual for more specific details http://www.lg.com/uk/support-product/lg-55UB850V

At decent FPS, most likely, depending on games and settings. The entire GTX 900 series and TITAN X have HDMI 2.0 support, so hooking them up to the TV won't require anything special besides the necessary cable.

Oho, yeah, it would struggle no doubt about it. A pair in SLI would be better than a single 780, especially if the plan is to play Dragon Age: Inquisition.