Wiring help

Hi everybody! I'm working on my first computer and I need help for a good wiring. Azza Hurrican 2000 Full-tower case so if somebody knows a good and easy tutorial or anything that can help me.

Thanks everyone

Im not sure if you have been formally welcomed yet but anyhow, welcome to occ.

We did a review on that case you have. Check it out because there is a picture of what our reviewer did to manage the wiring. Link: http://www.overclock..._hurrican_2000/ and it looks pretty good to me.

I'm sure you have an objective here and it is simply to keep everything neat and tidy. This is especially important when there is a window in the case side or you are building a computer for someone else. This will not only make the case look nice but its going to help air flow unrestricted through the case. This promoting better Motherboard, video card and possibly better CPU temperatures.

During this guide I will post practical hints to help you as we go when they apply to help you.

Some things to keep on hand are small cable ties, zip tie hold downs and pair of dikes. Its optional to have A moduler psu, connector extensions, cable converters and splitters. The most important is the Zip-ties, you will put one on then possibly have to remove it and put another one in a different place.

Best thing to do is unplug everything and move all the wires to the backside of the case though the opening next to the psu. This way you can get a feel for what cables you need to have coming from the PSU and what direction the cables from the front panel of the case need to go. After all your wires from your psu are hanging out remove all the expansion cards you have such as a video card, pci slot add-ons ect. grab the cable from the psu and straighten all the wires out after you have feed then through the side of the case(the hole closest to the psu).

Hint: The case has a vented underside for the psu. If the wiring loom is coming out on the side furthest from the motherboard tray you can turn the psu over and use it that way without any consequences.

After you have chosen what dirention to put the Psu get the wiring loom organized and straight and put a ziptie around it to keep its form. The first connector your going to start with is the ATX (motherboard) connector. route it around the back side of the motherboard tray and route it up to the motherboard connector. pass it through the hole that is closest to it and connect it. Now you use same method for your second motherboard connector. Route it up front the powersupply to the top of the case (perferably on the back side) and go through the hole it has and plug it in. THis is the connector that is normally tricky. In this senario you may have to route it under the add-on cards to reach it because sometimes the wires are too short to rear. This will serve well in the mean time until your new connector entension comes. As I included in the needs list use the mounts and zip ties where you can.

Now that your motherboard is done move on to the fan wiring And keep continuing this process until you have eventually plugged everything in.

Im going to go make a guide now. ROfl.

Best thing to do is unplug everything and move all the wires to the backside of the case though the opening next to the psu. This way you can get a feel for what cables you need.

stupid.gif

Seem that now-a-days people tend to hide most of the wiring behind the Motherboard Tray.

Most cases made now to also have Cable "Tie-ups" of some sort on that backside of the motherboard tray as well.

That is what I did with my wires anyways. The ones that would not reach for whatever reason I ended up using cable ties on the bottom of the case and ran wires along the bottom of the case (on the inside).

If your lucky your PSU Cables will be long enough to route all of them through the back of the motherboard tray and then you can hook them all up right off to the side were all the plugs need to be plugged in to.

I cannot seem to find any photos of my Computer anywhere lol.. So I cannot show you what I did..

Not a problem. Send us a picture of the case when the Wiring job is done. It may be time for so CCFL's after that. :D

I have a love/hate relationship with CCFL's. I love them, but I hate that they are obnoxious to wire up in my case.

I have modded a few of the Expansion slot switches out, and just made straight wires. They're still ugly as can be, but they're a necessary evil :glare: