Matrix GTX580 Platinum Graphics Card From ASUS Tested

Nemo

OCC reviews a Republic of Gamers video card from ASUS. Check out what we found out about the ASUS GTX580 MATRIX - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_gtx580_matrix/

The ordinary asus gtx580 looks like a much better option over this card close to $200 cheaper and they perform near identical.

If was going to fork out the cash for the platinum edition, I would rather get the evga hydro 2 and oc the hell out of it on a loop or water-block the asus (non-platinum) 580, doing the same again.

Nice looking card good review but too costly and 3 slots is too many for a single gpu card.

The ordinary asus gtx580 looks like a much better option over this card close to $200 cheaper and they perform near identical.

If was going to fork out the cash for the platinum edition, I would rather get the evga hydro 2 and oc the hell out of it on a loop or water-block the asus (non-platinum) 580, doing the same again.

Nice looking card good review but too costly and 3 slots is too many for a single gpu card.

3 slots is pretty large but it's the only way to get the best air cooling on a GPU. Also I think that card defines the word "overkill".

I wonder how it would have faired with some more...extreme...cooling. The power delivery on that card is second to none!

The only thing more extreme than that is the MARS II and that card will literally snap the PCI connector off if you don't put the support brackets on it...

Yes the video card is so heavy it comes with support brackets to hold it up.

The only thing more extreme than that is the MARS II and that card will literally snap the PCI connector off if you don't put the support brackets on it...

Yes the video card is so heavy it comes with support brackets to hold it up.

I was thinking water, dry ice, LN2, etc. :lol: