Should i Update Bios IF.....

Asus M4A-785-M mobo, athlon IIx4 620, currently i have it OC'd to 3.0 Ghz and 6MB L3 cache did unlock. The bios version i am currently using is "0604". All is stable and has been for a while. Asus released a bios update "0702" but the info they provide is quite vague. Should i get the update although all seems OK as of now? And will the bios update lock the L3 again since AMD wants mobo companies to eliminate ACC mode? I noticed the board is 6-core approved, maybe thats what the new bios is for. I just dont want to update if it will have negative effects on a system that currently runs smooth. But i do want to update if there are significant improvements. curious to what actual users have to say versus asus copy and paste replies to support questions.

Asus M4A-785-M mobo, athlon IIx4 620, currently i have it OC'd to 3.0 Ghz and 6MB L3 cache did unlock. The bios version i am currently using is "0604". All is stable and has been for a while. Asus released a bios update "0702" but the info they provide is quite vague. Should i get the update although all seems OK as of now? And will the bios update lock the L3 again since AMD wants mobo companies to eliminate ACC mode? I noticed the board is 6-core approved, maybe thats what the new bios is for. I just dont want to update if it will have negative effects on a system that currently runs smooth. But i do want to update if there are significant improvements. curious to what actual users have to say versus asus copy and paste replies to support questions.

I actually have this exact same combo and even have the unlocked L3 cache. I would highly recommend doing the bios update as it resolves hang on boot issues with certain types of ram. Just use the ASUS BIOS updater, it can even be done in windows. And yes, even with the latest version I am still able to unlock the L3 cache.

I actually have this exact same combo and even have the unlocked L3 cache. I would highly recommend doing the bios update as it resolves hang on boot issues with certain types of ram. Just use the ASUS BIOS updater, it can even be done in windows. And yes, even with the latest version I am still able to unlock the L3 cache.

Cool sounds good, haven't had it hang on boot unless my OC was too high, the only "hang issue" is windows 7 64 bit seems to shut down and start up quite slow, which could be due to a number of reasons, but i'll try out the new BIOS and one thing i hadn't thought of before was the simple fact that i can always go back to the old one if things go awry. Thanks for the reply.