220mm case fan.

Thinking of getting a blue LED 22cm case fan. I dont have any mounting places on my case but im probably going to cut a hole and make the screw holes myself. Onto the side panel of my ATX case.

But my question is Should i set the fan to Exhaust or intake? If i place it too high up on the side panel wouldnt it interfere with CPU exhaust? But then again should i deliberatly place it quite high up and it could exhaust massive amounts of hot air from my case.

the specs:

Dimension: 220 x 220 x 30mm (170mm fittings)

Fan speed: 600 RPM

Airflow: 95.63 CFM (162.1m3/h)

Edited by Mokomaki

Thinking of getting a blue LED 22cm case fan. I dont have any mounting places on my case but im probably going to cut a hole and make the screw holes myself. Onto the side panel of my ATX case.

But my question is Should i set the fan to Exhaust or intake? If i place it too high up on the side panel wouldnt it interfere with CPU exhaust? But then again should i deliberatly place it quite high up and it could exhaust massive amounts of hot air from my case.

the specs:

Dimension: 220 x 220 x 30mm (170mm fittings)

Fan speed: 600 RPM

Airflow: 95.63 CFM (162.1m3/h)

I would mount it where the GPU is and have it as an intake.

Alright thanks. But remember that the only exhaust is a 120mm normal fan at the back of the case :)

Im not sure how useful a side mounted exhaust would be even if it was closer to the top of the case. A top mounted one would be very beneficial. Is that a possibility with your case?