best bios for nf4 lp-ut and TCCD ? (-2 or -3 ?)

i switched back to 4/14-1 because i was getting random blue screens. not sure if the bios was the problem but ill see i they stop now

I still think 414-3 and 310P are the better BIOS versions to date but 510-X still have their advantages like X2 support and using high voltage ram in the yellow slots.

You should try new 615 Final Bios they just came out

Im testing them right now

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14344

510-2 was also best for me with OCZ Plat R2 until 618 was released, but I still couldn't get 1T timings at anything over 240HTT or thereabouts. Now running 618-3 and flying along at 305HTT and 1T. I don't know if the 618-2 version would be better because I haven't tried it, and don't think I'll bother because I'm already at the max. stable clock I got with the 510-2, but now also running 1T. "If it ain't broke"...

618-3 is good for tccd.

keep "read preamble" and "max async" on auto and use "normal" DRAM response time. I think form a certain high FSB it needs to be set to "normal".

Pretty stable right now. Will update my settings/sig later

jimx: your settings are really weird.

----> NEVERMIND !!!!!!!!!!

i see your're running 305 :)

ignore the rest :)

Maybe you can play with voltages ? What vdimm voltage do you have your sticks running ?

I have the OCZ rev2 sticks and removed the heatspreaders. So i fouind out its TCCD week 37. They want 3.0V....2.9V was my sweet spot before, but it might get flakey...and 3.0V solved my BSOD problem.

I guess i got one of the old ones who really like voltage.

your settings are just too weird for those sticks...also you saying you had problems going over 240/1t. Impossible with those sticks. They do 1T 290/300 easily.

Also note that a HIGH settings (eg. TRC, TRFC etc.) is NOT always good.

right now i am running 291

2.5 TCL

7 TRC

12 TRFC

4 TRCD

2 TRRD

6 TRAS

3 TRP

2 TWR

1 TWTR

2 TRTW

1T (of course)

8ns async

5.5 read preamble

3.0V

more later

- just passed 30mins OCCT again...whats up with your sticks ?