I'm Sure You Get Asked This All The Time But...

s30jok

Hello

Am new to this overclocking malarkey and have bought a gaming pc, but the guy i bought it from has proved to be somewhat troublesome, he reckons i have an overclock profile stored in the bios settings but it is simply not there.

What i would like from yourselves is the settings in laymans terms please for a Quad core 6600 GO and ASUS Striker II Formula Mobo. with 4gig of OCZ reaper ram (DDR2, PC2-6400 (400 MHz), 2048 MBytesOCZ) I have the Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro cooler on the processor and an antec p182 case with 2 ASUS 8800gt 512mb cards in sli

I would be very grateful for any help, i want to bring the speed up a lot so i can play games quicker and generally have a faster pc, i did buy this pc for that reason but like i said the guy i bought it from has been a pain.

Many thanks

s30jok

An easy way to get a quick and stable 20 percent boost in performance is to simply go into your bios, click on manual for overclocking, then on the FBS page.. change your FBS to unlinked and make it 1333 (will overclock you from 2.4 to 3gig even), make sure loadline calibration is also enabled.. you can leave the voltages on auto and it will stay cool and run just fine.