Fist Time Over Clocking, Need Help (please)

mjenabi2

Hello Guys,

before i start, i must say, WoW. Great site and fantastic Forum. read a lot of reviews here, i think everything was/is amazing.

i recently put together a new pc, which is exteremly overclockable, though i don't know how to take advantage of it. I have used software to overclock, but have to say, the results were rather worse than i imagined.

first let me give you the full specs of my pc:

MainBoard: Asus P5K Premium/WiFi-AP Intel P35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

CPU:Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 @2.4 (1066FSB) 95W edition

Memory:OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-6400C5 Dual Channel Vista Gold Series DDR2 (OCZ2G8004GK)

Graphics Card(quit Old ;):Sapphire ATI Raedon x1660 256Mb

PSU:Thermaltake 750W modular

CPU Cooler: Asus Silent Knight II

EDIT: My case keeps inside cool enough, it has 2x 120mm fans, one of which sucks air directly out of cpu cooler. and has a few slots which let the air out and i am going to add 2x 80mm fans too.

Ok, i have tried overclocking with Asus software, but it sucks big time, takes like what, 4 mins to load windows, and the clock speed stays at 2.4 and only goes heigher if it wants to, and when i overclocked my graphics card, well it kept crashing while i was playing and was nothing you call stable, anyway, i know that my cpu go as far as 3.8, but i would be happy with 3ghz, so if anyone here can tell me what i should do, and what to change and what not to change in the bios.

thanks

Edited by mjenabi2