[p]'s Nvidia 780i Overclocking Guide.

[p]wnzor

780i usage has grown to the point where it makes sense for this guide to be pinned... 680i/780i is a lot harder to OC than any other 775 chipset, and Skulltrail is stupid lol

well, let me begin with stating, that i don

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide, it was really useful for doing my first OC!

The only problems I experienced were with the NB voltage.

It seems, that with my current setup, this board will not be stable over about 350 FSB without raising the NB voltage to 1.5...

Even with the voltage at 1.5, there is no going over 400 FSB. However, this is okay for me since the cpu temps and voltage start to get up there at 3.6 anyway.

Have any of you guys ran into the same kind of issues?

*Also, there is no way for me to get stable with my ram at 1000Mhz. This probably isn't important though, since i've read that keeping it linked/synced is best for performance anyway....

Edited by osmt2

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am trying my hand at OCing the XFX 780i, but have run into the following issue

The Q9550 seems to run at around 50c idle(I am using the the stock intel heatsink and fan). But as soon as I change the FSB - Memory Clock mode to UNLINKED, the temp shoots up to 75c. Is this normal? I have not changed any other setting. If I change it back to AUTO, the temp comes down to 50c again.

The OCZ memory I have says it can only do 800MHz: so I will not be able to OC the CPU by increasing the FSB unless I can UNLINK the FSB. Is this assumption correct?

I also cant seem to set the SLI-Ready Memory option to expert. - Disabled by BIOS if all 4 DIMMS are populated with 2GB.

I am using the new BIOS update 09 on the MoBo.

Any help or insights are greatly appreciated.

C2Q Q9550 @ stock

XFX 780i

XFX GTX 260 Black

8 GB OCZ SLI-Ready Edition DDR2 PC2-6400 (CL 5-4-4-15)

500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11

PC Power&Cooling 1000W

XP 64-bit

Samsung 22" LCD

Edited by tenor0

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...