2500+barton @ 3200+

so far the best I've done with this set-up Is:

FSB 200

11x

This gives me a stable 2200 that identifies as a 3200+

My problem seems to be with the memory. If it indicates a bus above 200 (400) it wont even boot.

My question is, is it better/safer to bump up the FSB or to mess with the multiplier. What usueally gives the best stability?

Barton 2500+

twinx ddr400/3200 corsair 512m

A7N8X Deluxe

Antec 450

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I've got the same system but a 2800+ Barton and I've got the FSB to 441. Running totally stable at 2315mhz @ 10.5x220 @ 1.700vcore. It runs between 40 and 48 with a Thermaltake Silent Boost HSF @ 2400RPM @ 21dBa constant.....so quiet :rolleyes: Your system should be able to get at least a 430 FSB and then you'd see HUGE boosts in all your benchmarks. Turn your multiplier to 10.5x215 @ 1.675vcore and watch her FLY!!! Cheers!

Hooded Rat ]|[RP]|[ alias BONECRACKER

I'm still condused. I can only get a 11x multiplier. I thought the motherboard could change that. (it has a setting that you can, but no matter what you tell it, it wont work. :(

need help

Oh by the way, it may say that it is a 3200+, but really its only performing at a 2700+ level. Just found that one out myself

Edited by Sirius

Oh by the way, it may say that it is a 3200+, but really its only performing at a 2700+ level. Just found that one out myself

? please explain this to me. i thought if it says its running at 3200xp, it should be running at 3200xp speeds? anyways the picture below is of my latest overclock. i managed to get a little bit more out of the chip by setting my memory to pc3200.

If your above 2.2mhz you have already achieved levels of 3200xp. So your fine. Get SiSoftware Sandra and run your cpu benchmark- At the bottom it will tell you what your machine is achieving vs Pentiums and other AMD systems. Thats a fine overclock- you should be happy.

Edited by smithy

It's a good thing that Corsair XMS comes with ramsinks. I can see that RAM running hot being clocked from 333 to 446 (DDR).

I'm still condused. I can only get a 11x multiplier. I thought the motherboard could change that. (it has a setting that you can, but no matter what you tell it, it wont work. :(

I dont recall what the exact option was, but I believe it is right below the multiplier option. It controls whether the multiplier is locked at 11 or if its user defined. If you already tried this, then yeah, you have a locked chip...