Cooling++

What if ??

What if you drop the rediator idea, and replace it with two huge heatsinks, with peltiers between, and water tunnels running through the one heatsink.... The peltiers cool the heatsink which gets it's heat from the water, and the other heatsink cools the peltiers.....Something along these lines IE a "petier-External Cooler"......???? Use separate PSU for peltiers and heatsink fans....??

Well some reasons i dont think it will work as well as were seeing it...

You would still have to use something to cool the peltz other side.

The air the fan would be pushing is a certant temp. If the peltz does work, your heating up that water if anything.

Just some thoughts to keep in ming, but if it does work, GREAT! :D but yeah personaly what i would do is create some block that the water has to pass through that has say 3 small peltz on it... made of copper of course. Just another thought!

What if you drop the rediator idea, and replace it with two huge heatsinks, with peltiers between, and water tunnels running through the one heatsink.... The peltiers cool the heatsink which gets it's heat from the water, and the other heatsink cools the peltiers.....Something along these lines IE a "petier-External Cooler"......???? Use separate PSU for peltiers and heatsink fans....??

I think this guy pretty much hit the nail on the head....

All of these ideas are generally for a peltier cooled processor, except that it moves the peltiers from directly on top of the cpu to an external or remote heat dissipation device (heatsink, radiator, etc...). Maybe this is something that you could set up like the Exos unit from Koolance? :D

You would still have to use something to cool the peltz other side.

The air the fan would be pushing is a certant temp. If the peltz does work, your heating up that water if anything.

Hmm... Wouldn't the only heat that's being handled be the heat produced by the TEC in addition to the small amount that is being pulled out of the heatsink or radiator? I'm basing my idea on my assumption that the the hot side of each peltier is be not going to be higher above room temp than the delta T rating of the

peltier.... And since I'm not trying to get below freezing temps, I don't envision the peltiers moving a large amount of heat from the radiator/heatsink (since the coolant doesn't get that hot itself)...

Maybe I overlooked something in this design... Fix me if I'm wrong... ;)