Coolermaster X-dream (hac-v81) Cpu Cooler

Bosco

Hrmm.. First off Id like to say Congrats d3bruts1d on another great Review..

Second off.. DimensioN not trying to be mean or anything.. but did u look at the pics? there is copper in that heatsink..

in the center..

and the copper and Alum.. is a very good Idea if I do say so myself.. because we all know Alum. disapates heat faster then Copper..

Though I would perfer an all copper base over copper / alum. anytime..

And if you actually think about it.. In my opinion Swiftech is prolly one of the best dang heatsinks you can buy..

and for the coolermaster to perform the way it did against it is not to dang shabby..

By those are my thoughts n views..

:( sorry , didn't look at it that good :(

but annyway, normally copper is a better heat spreader, offcours it depends on some things, but "here"(Europe), people say copper is better... :)

annyway, if you like it, that's your thing :D i don't like it :P

sorry for the "bad post" i must have looked better...

ps: nice review d3 ;)

greetz

• 4 months later...

I own one of these and have a couple of things to add:

The max speed quoted at: 4800rpm can actually be more like 5300+ rpm

The sound this fan makes is pretty alarming when turned up to full but saying that it does act as a quick way of getting the temp down when needed.

The sound levels I can't measure but the ratings from 25 - 46db given by coolermaster do seem a bit on the hopeful side, if this is going in your bedroom or your pc stands on a wooden floor your not going to sleep with it on :sleep:

I own one of these and have a couple of things to add:

The max speed quoted at: 4800rpm can actually be more like 5300+ rpm

The sound this fan makes is pretty alarming when turned up to full but saying that it does act as a quick way of getting the temp down when needed.

The sound levels I can't measure but the ratings from 25 - 46db given by coolermaster do seem a bit on the hopeful side, if this is going in your bedroom or your pc stands on a wooden floor your not going to sleep with it on :sleep:

yea ive heard that is because of the fan motor makes the noise, but i have it and it is loud.

so i want to add a 80mm fan, i didnt take it off but i took off the fan guard and couldnt figure out how to take off the fan, anyone have an idea?

• 1 month later...

The fan just clips on, push the tabs away from the fan on one side and lift the fan as you push and you (should) feel it pop out then repeat on the other side.

I removed mine a few days ago to try an Aero blower fan (model:AAB-L81-ET) and yes the problem with the noise stopped, unfortunately tho this fan just doesn't push enough air to cool an AMD 2400xp the temps increased by about 5c.

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

I read the review and thought that the XDream will help out

i have an old AMD athlon 1.4 and with my old hS/f it was running at a dangerous 60 C

so i got the XDream and surprise surprise i couldnt fit it in the case

but then i had an idea the clip is removable

i didnt want to change it so i just turned the clip around and it fit in a treat

now my AMD is running at 48C while running UT2003

and yes it is rather loud but wen playig UT2003 i dont notice it