Running Windows Xp Pro

Seigperilous

I understand exactly what you mean.

The System idle processors is always usually at 99% of the total cpu usage (performance tab). Just because under processes it says that its using 99% of the cpu usage doesnt mean its using 99% of the CPU, only 99% of what the cpu load is at.

Try ending the task explorer.exe, if total cpu usage goes down low again, its explorer, then you can try going to File > New Task in the windows task manager, then type in "explorer" and press enter. Hopefully this brings usage back down.

It happens to me sometimes, explorer screw up giving me 100% cpu usage, so i "restart" explorer.exe

Man, that pic is so small. I can't read the numbers. I was looking at the overall things on the pic, you have a lot of programs in your system tray. Are they all necessary??? And just the processes list alone, that is a long list of active programs. I would re-evaluate what programs you always need running and the ones that you could just start up when you really need them. That will help with your system idle and preformance of the computer, in general.

Aaron

Can't open it.

Do this.

1- Open up task manager

2- Hit Print Screen

3- Open up MSPain. (start -> run -> mspaint

4- Paste the image into MSPaint

5- Save as JPG

6- Attach the file to this thread.