Micro-atx Board That Supports Multiplier Changes

Lontek

Hi,

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Mobile chip that I want to overclock. The mistake I made was that I bought an ABIT va-10 board that does not allow one to change the cpu multiplier. The board does not recognize the chip so it defaults it to 600 MGZ! OUCH!

If if I jack the FSB all the way up in the bios I only get about 1500 MHZ.

What I am looking for is a Mainboard that is MICRO ATX and has really nice overclocking bios features. And it's imperitive that it has multiplier change settings.

Anyone know what a good board would be. What are others using? I know the Abit NF7-s would be a good board but it is ATX form factor.

<b>Also does anyone know of a rescource on the web that actually describes a mainboard by the important features? <b>

Most PC hardware sites (Even respectable sites like newegg and directron) desribe; this many PCI slots that much RAM -----BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

then you get to the bios decription and there is hardly any description!! How is a guy suppose to buy a mainboard if the seller doesn't even tell you what's important?

For example: How high will it jack up the FSB? How high can you crank up the Multiplier so you can fry your CPU? How high will it let you smoke up the voltage? I am so sick af reading about "wake on LAN" "AC 97 Sound Codec" "supports plug and play" There must be a site that reviews the overclocking features of various mainboards.

Please help in my mainboard "ignorance" Thanks.

I just got a Asrock K7S41GX for $19 refurbed to use as a folding rig. Everyone here is going to jump all over it because Asrocks are kinda at the bottom of the food chain as far as mobos go, but it is micro ATX form factor and supports multiplier changes via jumper setting on the mobo.

Thanks for the tip Nemo.

I believe I have found another one also:

Biostar M7NCG 400 mainboard about 60 bucks at New Egg.

If anyone has info on this board please feel free to add it to the thread.

Thanks all.

www.lontek.net