Atitool

hick

ok i got a 9600xt and tried to use atitool to o/c it and did the find max core or whatever and it just went for hours and hours...am i supposed to sit there and watch it the whole time to see what the highest number is or what?

lol, this is a common question, just let it run for an hour and then use that current number as a good starting point. Then run the RAM with the core set back to STOCK. Don't check RAM with the core OC'd because you'll get weird results. After you get the two numbers, manually up them by 1 mhz at a time and run the tester for about 10 minutes, then move up if it's stable (i.e. if the clock on the bottom doesn't restart. When ATITOOL encounters an error the testing clock on the bottom restarts, while the timer on the top in the menu bar tracks total time). Once you settle on a clock that looks good, try running the tester for 30 minutes and running a bench like 3dmark03.

In the end you have to decide on your own what you deem the final cloak rates. I personnally run at a setting that will error in atitool over 30minutes, but shows no visible errors when running 3dmark03 or pcmark. This is because Atitool will detect errors in even one pixel. These little errors go completely unnoticed by the human eye and may be ignored. As long as I can play BF for 3-4 hours straight without crashing I'm happy :)

i just dont like having to reopen everytime i restart now to set my timeings :/ ya i ended up just looking at other ppl with a 9600xt and just went to about their oc then tried to push a little more until i got artifacts

I'm using Radclocker to hold the OC now because I didn't want to reset it everytime either. It's been working great for me and will run all the speeds that work in Atitool fine.

hate them all, RIVATUNER for me is just so much nicer to use, and i agree with captor its better to find out your max for yourself :oD which is not advised for those who are impatient and rush into things lol, always 1Mhz at a time.

let me know what kinda oc's you are getting wi your 9600xt.

i get 594/337 max(need new cooler to sustain) , and i am running 567/324 which is not too shabby i suppose.