Civilization VI

bp9801

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been any real info on what "Housing" does?

Found this

A starting city has a limited housing capacity, which can be added to by building certain structures or improvements. Each Farm or Plantation improvement adds 0.5 capacity, a Granary adds +2, and a Barracks adds +1. Housing appears to operate along with Amenities and available Food to determine the growth of a city, rather than acting as a hard cap. Local tile Appeal also impacts city growth.

from here. Seems like an overhaul of the city growth mechanic.

Kongo finally sounds like an actual interesting set. Mixing the inability to found religions with the incredible opportunity their unique tile gives (early explosive growth is the best kind of growth) means not only a dominant early game but likely early allies with your nearest neighbors as you'll want to adopt their religion quickly.

Greece sounds like a downright early game powerhouse based on the civic bonuses I've seen. If I recall correctly the first government forms only get 2-4 civic slots, so an extra "Wildcard" slot is pretty huge. It's kinda unclear what culture does though, still, so its hard to say if a lot of bonus culture is going to matter with early expansion. In Civ 5 culture really came snowballing in at the end game, making the early game culture run inconsequential other than for expanding your borders (which was admittedly enough to have SOME culture).

So far all known wildcards are +2 great person points per turn... So I don't know how that translates into value yet, but if its on par with Civ 5's GPP speed that's pretty damn huge for the early game.