Asus Fan Expert 2, Kraken X60 software and/or Case Hardware Fan Contro

Hitman84

I'm moving from a P67 Sabertooth build to a Maximus VI Formula and just looking for some thoughts and feedback on controlling the fans in my case, which coincidentally is the Phantom 820.

I'll be using a Kraken X60 for CPU cooling with two Noctua NF-A14 PWMs for the rad and the one thing I know for sure is I want the Kraken Software/Pump controlling those two fans. The Kraken also Connects via the main cpu header and I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a way for Fan Expert to completely ignore this header, just give it the power it requires.

From there I'm trying to decide what the best way is to control the rest of the fans. The Hardware fan controller on the case or Asus Fan expert II, I'm leaning towards fan expert as long as it can leave the cpu header alone but just looking for some other thoughts and feedback. Using the fan controller would make for a much nicer cable management within the case since I can run all fan wires behind the mobo tray and not have to be concerned when I pull off the side panel and it's 200mm fan.