FX-6300 Oc HELP?

Im new to computer gaming but i built a computer with a FX-6300 and a PowerColor HD  7870

Any body know what would be a safe overclock for both with stock coolers with the cpu give me a oc safe with stock heatsink and one with 212 Evo for when i get one.. thx!

Gonna need just a bit more info like what motherboard you have. At this point though I wouldn't plan on pushing that 6300 to hard on stock cooler. I'd say no more that about 4Ghz, But that depends on your motherboard too

Edited by kyfire

Gonna need just a bit more info like what motherboard you have. At this point though I wouldn't plan on pushing that 6300 to hard on stock cooler. I'd say no more that about 4Ghz, But that depends on your motherboard too

Gigabyte GA 970-A

Okies, there are three version of that board, Assuming you have a ver 3, it has heat sinks on the vrm which is a good thing. Still that is a 4+1 phase board so you won't be able to put it too far, before you suffer throttling. I have managed a stable 4.5Ghz on my 6300 on that board.

• Like 1

Okies, there are three version of that board, Assuming you have a ver 3, it has heat sinks on the vrm which is a good thing. Still that is a 4+1 phase board so you won't be able to put it too far, before you suffer throttling. I have managed a stable 4.5Ghz on my 6300 on that board.

THX! what about the 7870?

THX! what about the 7870?

Can't help ya with that I have a Nvidia GTX650.