Func MS-3

HeyYoWL

Hey guys, my G9x died and I'm waiting for Logitech to reply to my RMA request. In the mean time I've been looking at other mice since I was never a big fan of the G9x anyways, and I don't like any of the new Logitech mice they'd send me if my RMA does get approved. So I was looking at the Func MS-3 because I have large hands and it looks great. My only question is for all the current owner of this mouse out there.. how does it perform in Windows 8? I do not feel like re-formatting and installing Windows 7 to get a mouse working. I don't necessarily need profiles (though it'd be nice), but I've read several posts of the thing online where people say it's not detected correctly in W8. Is this true? Because locally there's a store that sells it, but has a 15% restocking fee. I don't feel like paying $13 in restocking fees just because it doesn't work on my OS, and I don't even know how comfy it is because the store didn't have a demo model. =\ Any help guys?

I've read some reviews of that mouse and it sounds pretty killer. Unfortunately I haven't seen one anywhere around me, since my local Best Buy has decided to no longer have any gaming mice on display.

Looking into things more, it does appear that the MS-3 doesn't work on Windows 8 very well. Driver issue of some kind, but some people have had success in getting it to work. Seems Windows wants to install a generic driver that doesn't work, and removing that can get the mouse to work. For some people, anyway.

On Func's site:

My mouse can't be recognized in windows 8, how can I solve it? This problem might be related to an unsigned driver issued by Microsoft (KB2756872) that is affecting the USB controller in Windows environments.

By default, newer versions of Windows do not allow unsigned drivers which in turn cause the problem at hand. Until there is an official fix from Microsoft, a few users have solved it by the following method:

Follow Microsoft's link below which scans your computer for problems that have been performed by Windows Update. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Turn off the Driver Signing Enforcement in Windows.

Remove the specific update (KB2756872) in Windows 8