Graphic Card for 730i MOBO

mac173

I have been shopping video cards for a few weeks, and was looking at eVGA Geforce 550 and 560 cards. My MOBO only has one slot and no SLI.

As you can see from my sig, my CPU is not that great and I am worried that a 550 or 560 card would bottleneck at the CPU.

What would be the best card I could get that would not be hung behind a Core 2 DUO?

I think people over estimate bottlenecking. That said, there is a rate of return on how much you would want to spend on an aging rig and what your motherboard/cpu would comfortable support.

I would probably go with this GTX 560 or this MSI if you are ok with MIRs.

How far off would you be if you just saved up for a whole new PC?

Edited by Fogel

I'm a big fan of eVGA, so I like the first card. It is also in my price range.

I can't build a new system for a while. Personal circumstances will keep me from saving up the money for a long time, so the best I can do is a discrete video card. The system I have now is cobbled together after a MOBO failure that took out my old video card and ram. I got this MOBO as a refurb from eVGA for $30 just to have a system again (system was down for 6 months).

IF I can build a new system next year, the 560 is good enough to use in SLI so the money now is not wasted.

Thanks, that card looks good.