Need help OCing

cncfan2

I got a new computer for xmas and am puzzled as to why I cannot fully OC my system. I have gotten it virtually to 3GHz but not quite. I want to go over 3 GHz but for some reason I can't. Here's my dxdiag:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 2/15/2011, 15:20:17

Machine name: HOMECOMPUTER

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.101026-1503)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/30/10 10:30:59 Ver: 08.00.14

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM

Page File: 1936MB used, 6251MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Edited by cncfan2

Just a regular heat sink and air cooling with fans. I have the over clocking for the cpu at a 7% increase . i have an asus motherboard and the voltages are a little below yellow levels. my mother baord colors the text white (for safe i guess) yellow (alert) and red (if something is set to high)

:mfp:

We've got some work to do, and unfortunately, I don't have the time to go through it right now. Hopefully someone will pick this up before I wake back up in the morning, because I have to go pass out now. I've been up for two days.

Haha sorry i cant give specifics because im doing something right now and cant turn computer off to check . i am very computer savvy so you dont have to give too much detail as what i need to do . but i appreciate your help and don't mind waiting , thank you

edit: I have figured it out . for some reason my BIOS uses names that don't make sense . In the one line where it allows me to "Overclock CPU Frequency" it ranges from 200MHz to 300MHz . That , actually , is the bus speed for the CPU . Although I can change the multiplier to 16.5 (max) it still doesn't change . Im not sure why but no matter what I set it to it stays at a 14.0x multiplier . So I increase the bus speed to 225MHz and now am running OC at 3.1-3.2GHz which is where I'll stop , since I only have air cooling . Once again , thank you for the help , it was greatly appreciated .

Now it's time to go find some stress software

Edited by cncfan2