Corsair Hydro H70 in Coolermaster HAF 932

VeNotes

hello

I am new to the forums but I use this site alot for systems spec's and other things

i have just bourght the Coolermaster HAF 932 case and Corsair Hydro H70 but can work out where the best place would be to put the fans the hole pc is a new build only 2 weak's old and I am still ironing out a few problems like the psu did not have enough amps so I brought a better one but now i get a whooshing sound and distorted speak on video's the whooshing sounds is all ways there i have checked the speakers and its not them so hoping the new case with the psu at the bottom will fix this any help would be good thanks.

VeNotes

my specs are

Coolermaster HAF 932

Corsair Hydro H70

MSI 790FX-GD70 Motherboard

G.Skill GSkill Ripjaws 4gb (1x4gb)

NEW AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20

leadtek GTX 280

Coolermaster GX 650W PSU

Welcome to OCC VeNotes! :thumbsup:

I am curious as to which PSU you had before you realized it wasn't supplying enough amps?

You have nice system there mate but one thing I would suggest however, would be to buy an additional G.Skill Ripjaws 4gb stick for you system - identical to the stick you currently have.

Right now you are running your memory in single channel mode due to the fact that you have only one DRAM stick installed. By installing another stick you will be able to run you DRAM memory in dual channel mode, which effectively doubles your memory bandwidth and increases your memory performance by a significant amount. Check out this article if you want to learn more about this.

As for you setup, it would be awesome if you provide us with some pictures of your system so that we could better assist in positioning your fans.

Cheers mate :)

hi iwas useing NEW 750w 750 watt Quiet PC ATX PSU Power Supply Unit psu i would like to run dual channel mode but i was doing temp work that has ran out now so what ive got realy has to do the case and the pump has not come yet the only cooler i have is on the grafix crard a artic coller every thing esle is as stock

Unfortunately, it seems that you have purchased another poor quality PSU with the Coolermaster GX 650W as it has been shown to have poor build quality and bad DC quality (high voltage ripples). Here's an incriminating review.

This type of PSU could seriously damage your new components and shorten your computer's lifespan. I would highly recommend you return the GX650w and visit our Recommended Power Supply List, here at OCC, to find a PSU which of better quality in the 500-600w range (500w would be more ideal for your system). Buying a quality PSU is VITAL for your system life - spending a bit more now for a better quality power supply will save you a lot of headaches in the future and will end up saving you money in the end.

I have the H70 as well, but in an Antec DF-85. They say you should have the fans on the radiator be intake fans for best performance, which is probably true but it will also screw up the air currents in your case. I just stuck mine on my rear exhaust fan setup where it pulls air form inside the case and back out. I average around 26-30c like that.

It wouldn't hurt to experiment with it. Run it with the fans on it as exhaust fans pulling air from inside the case and monitor temperatures (CPU as well as GPU and other system temps), then you could try reversing it where it sucks outside air in and see what you get.

If you want to learn more about PSUs then the Recommended Power Supply list I linked above has plenty of useful links at the top of the first post which explain what you should look in a PSU. If you haven't done so yet maybe post a link in the Power Supply section of the forum if you want more help in selecting a power supply.