random OC

Shadowtroop

so i took apart my rig a few days ago because i was going to change my loop, and when i put it together my 965 jumped from 3.8 tho 4.11 ghz?!?!

seems that the bus speed was changed only but i find it weird that it happened at all, i have the settings in my bios to manual so nothing in there should be the culprit

anybody have any idea why this could happen?

and no it was not even a successful OC, i crashed playing LoL :(

Did you check the bios to see what had changed? Did you while cleaning switch positions of any jumpers? I know some of them have something to do with ocing, all i know is my manual says "DO NOT CHANGE BIOS JUMPER SETTINGS UNLESS HIGHLY EXPERIENCED AT OVERCLOCKING" or something similar.

Did you check the bios to see what had changed? Did you while cleaning switch positions of any jumpers? I know some of them have something to do with ocing, all i know is my manual says "DO NOT CHANGE BIOS JUMPER SETTINGS UNLESS HIGHLY EXPERIENCED AT OVERCLOCKING" or something similar.

you lost me at jumper :D, nope these settings were perfectly fine before i turned her off, then when i plug it back in BAM bus speed 216, memory at 1400 something

i have the formula

Let me quote a review from newegg on your motherboard:

Cons: When receiving the board make sure that the toggle buttons are set to what you want them to be at the bottom of the board. I had a confusing run in with them when I would set the clocks to be what I wanted them to be and then, without my knowledge, the ASUS AI system would self overclock to something completely different. Not really a con, but a bit of a confusing round-about. Just pay attention when you install the board.

Maybe check those toggle buttons? Or is this what you were talking about when you said that you have everything set to manual?

I don't have this board so maybe I'm on the wrong track...

Edited by Alexandre

Let me quote a review from newegg on your motherboard:

Maybe check those toggle buttons? Or is this what you were talking about when you said that you have everything set to manual?

I don't have this board so maybe I'm on the wrong track...

Yeah there is an Overclocking button at the bottom....make sure it wasn't pressed while you were changing the loop :)