Understanding Prime95 (results)

yonyz

I've raised the VCore to 1.35V. I found the G(MCH) Overvoltage Control option in the BIOS, but haven't touched it for now.

At 100% load, the core temps stay between 65 and 67 degrees Celsius. I have a feeling that I applied the Arctic Silver thermal paste incorrectly, but I don't know how to properly apply it, because my cooler has space between its pipes, which I simply filled with paste when I installed it.

battery, I don't know what Load Line Calibration is or where to find it, if it's even in my BIOS.

Edited by yonyz

I've raised the VCore to 1.35V. I found the G(MCH) Overvoltage Control option in the BIOS, but haven't touched it for now.

At 100% load, the core temps stay between 65 and 67 degrees Celsius. I have a feeling that I applied the Arctic Silver thermal paste incorrectly, but I don't know how to properly apply it, because my cooler has space between its pipes, which I simply filled with paste when I installed it.

battery, I don't know what Load Line Calibration is or where to find it, if it's even in my BIOS.

For the Hyper 212+, you should put two small lines, one on each of the spacers between the pipes, like this:

HDT_TIM_Application_Two_Lines.jpg

Load Line Calibration is also known as Vdroop Control, there should be a setting like that, and make sure it is enabled. Generally it is in the the same BIOS area as your Vcore setting.

Edited by alexonfyre

It looks pretty much the way I applied it.

So what do I do about the temps? Do I need to lower the VCore?

Keep in mind that you should use very little TIM. If you use too much it will have the opposite effect. That said, Idunno how your temps measure up to the averages, so I will let someone else help you there.