HAF 932 Fans

zao8350

Which is better for cooling with the HAF, the PSU up top or bottom? Right now I have it up top with two 120mm fans on the bottom and another 120 on top. All the fans (two 120's on the bottom, a 230mm on the side and front, a 120mm on the back) are pulling air in except the 120mm on top. Should i have a few more exhaust fans or just throw the PSU in the bottom and throw the 120's up topside with one on the bottom? Thanks and if I wasn't clear or you need more info let me know!

FANS: two 230mm's are stock, two 120mm's on the bottom are 1800 rpm thermaltake thunderblade's, 120mm on the back is a 2000 rpm thermaltake, and the exhaust is a 1600(?) rpm scythe s flex

First thing is to let us know what PSU you have and whether the psu pulls or pushes air. I also have a HAF 932 Blue and PSU Corsair HX750 which pushes air so I Mounted it at the bottom with the fan facing down to exhaust its own air out of the case with an additional 120mm next to it. What I did was exchanged the 140mm that came with the case to the front to pull fresh air in and have a H50 pull/push set up at the back, so I have air coming in to the case from the front,side and back and pulling air out top and bottom, so far so good all my temps are below 40c. You can see a pick of my case set up here My system .

I think you should switch at least the back and top fans for exhaust. To me, you have far too many intake fans and not enough exhaust which will negatively affect temps.

I have the stock 230 mm front and side fans as intakes and the 140 mm rear and 230 mm top as exhaust. My PSU is at the bottom.

Exactly how mine is. Thats why I'd recommend doing the top and rear fans as exhaust to help with the temps and air pressure.

I personally would install the PSU in the bottom, remove the two bottom 120mms, remove the top 120mm, and put the 230mm back up top. It came that way and works the best imo.

i'm going to test things out with the rear fan as exhaust and if i don't like it i'll probably end up throwing the PSU back on the bottom. I want to compare the 230 up top to having three 120's in top to see how that fairs. I'm going to leave the 120 in the back because it has a good bit higher CFM than the stock 140, and i don't mind noise that much.

Question just because im here: One of my fans only has the four pin connector. my PSU came with a 4 pin to small 4 pin (4 pin version of the three pin fan connectors on the mobo) converter. It has a line splitting three pins apart from the other 1 that led me to believe i could just plug those three into the mobo pins and it would work. This doesn't seem to be the case. any ideas on if that should work or if i just need a three pin. or should just wire it straight to the PSU.

So long as the motherboard can provide enough power to the fan, you should be able to plug the little 4pin connector into a 3pin header just fine. The 4pin should have little guide rails on it that will line up the vertical portion of the 3pin, so just slide that in on those and it will work just fine. Provided the motherboard isn't powering more fans.. on my motherboard, I can only have the 140mm plugged in to the mobo while the three 230mm fans are hooked up to molex connectors.

i'm going to test things out with the rear fan as exhaust and if i don't like it i'll probably end up throwing the PSU back on the bottom. I want to compare the 230 up top to having three 120's in top to see how that fairs. I'm going to leave the 120 in the back because it has a good bit higher CFM than the stock 140, and i don't mind noise that much.

You should place your PSU at the bottom with the fan down to exhaust its own air out of the case and add the 120m next to it the same way, that way all that warm air coming out of the Graphics goes straight out and you do not have the warm air of the psu blowing in towards the graphic card. Like the guys said, keep the back pulling air out and the top, the front and side as intakes, that is what most of us that have HAF 932 have it set up. You can also add that 140mm that you aint gonna use in the front (drive bays) to pull additional fresh air in, I did that as well. as far as the top 230mm you can replace for 2 120mm with more CFM together if you need to do so. I learned all that here with countless reads and massive advice from the folks here.