a little gpu fan problem

so, just this morning i turn on the pc and i notice a very loud noice coming from the gpu fan. its going as fast as hell and the monitor wont turn on ( i mean it was on but on stand by since the gpu wasnt sending a signal i think). so after a couple of reboots, and changing the slot on the power cable from the power supply to the gpu, suddenly, its all fine.

what could've happened? now its running normal.

i didnt mess with anything last night when i went to bed and turn it off all right.

any thoughs apreciated

That seems odd? But it's normal for the GPU fan to rev up all the way for a couple of seconds then settle down. My 4890 does that all the time on boot up. I had an issue where the fan just kept reving up over and over and the monitor would not show display but it was due to an unstable OC and had to reset my CMOS. But what do you exactly mean you changed the power cable from the power supply? Like you tried the other 6 pin connector?

i now it revs all the way in the first seconds before it loads the BIOS, but it didnt finish, the bios didnt load and the screen wouldnt show anything. yah, i figured, maybe sth wrong with power, so i changed it to the other 6 pin xD. about a unstable OC, like i said, i didnt mess around last knight, thats what i found weird.

well after a couple of reboots the CMOS did reset, and all the settings went back to default. after that the pc would funtion as normal, so i Oced it again to the settings i had and now is working.

could it be that the oc got unstable just now? xD

i now it revs all the way in the first seconds before it loads the BIOS, but it didnt finish, the bios didnt load and the screen wouldnt show anything. yah, i figured, maybe sth wrong with power, so i changed it to the other 6 pin xD. about a unstable OC, like i said, i didnt mess around last knight, thats what i found weird.

well after a couple of reboots the CMOS did reset, and all the settings went back to default. after that the pc would funtion as normal, so i Oced it again to the settings i had and now is working.

could it be that the oc got unstable just now? xD

Yes if it's working after the CMOS reset, then it should be fine. Make sure your OC is stable though, so that it doesn't happen again :thumbsup:. Have you stressed tested your system? If you went back to the same OC you had before you reseted your CMOS, chances are your going to run into the same problem.