Problems With Bfg 8800Gtx Oc Please Help. Anyone With Recent Bios?

Hi guys,

Motherboard: P5QL-SE (not latest bios! BIOS Ver is from 2008)

CPU: Intel E5200

I am having some problems with my Graphic's card. When I open GPU-Z, the gpu part is showing 0MHZ.

When I installed the drivers I get error 43 (Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems) on Windows 7 and Error 10 on Windows XP. (same error really.)

Tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled different versions for Windows XP and Windows 7 with no joy.

The fan is working fine. I tried using a different PSU just in case and no joy there either.

I was thinking to try underclocking or overclocking the graphic's card,(not sure if that would help, but I don't have anything to lose really). Does any one have any bios files for BFG 8800GTX OC 768MB 384? I am happy to take the risk.

Any other suggestions are welcome too! your help is much appreciated!

Cheers,

CJ

What about getting a recent BIOS for your motherboard? If the one you have is 2 years old, a recent one could help and possibly fix any issues.

Did you have any issues with the card prior to this? Or was it a BIOS upgrade for the card that messed something up?

What about getting a recent BIOS for your motherboard? If the one you have is 2 years old, a recent one could help and possibly fix any issues.

Did you have any issues with the card prior to this? Or was it a BIOS upgrade for the card that messed something up?

To be honest I am not quite sure because it was previously working and I was using my second 8800GTS 640mb adapter for sometime and wanted to check how much of a difference it makes using the GTX over the GTS on my machine. I have already downloaded the BIOS for my asus motherboard and I will give it a go. But really wanted to do this one at the last resort.

Do you happen to have the same card? or perhaps know someone who might do that could save the bios file for me?

Any other suggestions?

I own that GTX but I'm not at home currently to get the BIOS. I won't get back to my place for a few more days still, so I can't check what all it has and how to get the BIOS to you. Sorry man.

If I didnt fix the problem by the time you get home, would you be able to save the bios and email it to me? (i'll try upgrading the BIOS tonight if no other alternatives have been offered/suggested)